The people in the middle

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
“the delusion of being watched”

It seems to me that there a lot of people here who fit into a classification that does not exist. There are lot of people here who have insight into their delusions. They know on some level that their beliefs are not real but still cling to them and half believe them.

They do not have the complete unshakable faith in their delusions that I had when I was fully psychotic but still hold onto them. Where do these people fit in? Are they psychotic? I just don’t know.

It seems to me that they are neither positive symptom free nor fully psychotic. Where do they fit in?

3 Likes

Interesting.

I personally think when a false belief happens, either is true or it is false. There is no in between way. But, you could potentially be in a state where you are deluded for awhile, and doubting the same delusions for the next while.

In other words, a delusion necessarily entails that you believe it in the moment, and you have no insight, but you may get periods after the delusion when you doubt and rationalize it may not be true.

1 Like

For me, I think psychosis is just another delusion. Another probability. If anything, it’s working in conjunction with something else. I strongly feel and know that this was done to me.

I don’t know where I fit. I don’t think any of the labels which are thrown around would help me figure it out either. Adding another would be for the normies benefit. I’ll always feel outside.

3 Likes

I find that a lot of my delusions have a sliver of truth to them, even if they are proved to be false or go away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.