Delusional, Really?

So I’m wondering about people’s experiences with delusions. I think some people who say there delusional aren’t really delusional, why? Well if you say your delusional about a certain thing and you know it well that’s insight. You can’t be delusional and know it because a delusion isn’t a delusion if you have the insight to know it. To be delusional is to have no insight into your delusion, meaning no matter the evidence anybody can come up with you won’t be convinced that it not real. that’s my take on delusions, I’d be interested in anyone’s take. Thanks

I’ve asked my professionals this a few times and they have told me you can have enough insight to know others think you’re delusional or that your thoughts sound crazy. The conviction has to be there still.

Idk maybe you’re right. If you are I don’t have sza, and I’m starting to think I dont anyway.

It’s been my experience on this forum that there is a state between being full on delusional with no insight and not having delusions. I have posted on this before. You can be “semi-delusional” in my experience where you have some doubts about your delusions but they are still there. This truth is very evident if you hang around on this forum long enough. There are many people who question their delusions but still have them persist.

1 Like

I can’t tell if I’m delusional. Everyone is saying I am. I don’t trust most people though so how can I know? All I know is something feels majorly off right now but I think I’m just a little depressed.

1 Like

i think im that

1 Like

It’s very difficult for me to prove to you that your current beliefs are delusions, Moon. I honestly don’t know what I can say that hasn’t already been said. As for your depression, I would say it’s more than just a little, considering your comments about ending your life you have made on numerous occasions. It is at a dangerous level.

My delusions I had 0 insight.

For some people, if you just keep saying it, it eventually sinks in. Doesn’t always work but it’s worth a shot.

1 Like

It helped hearing it from multiple people

2 Likes

I’m really glad it helped @Froge!

Sometimes I get delusional, when I am aware of being delusional at the same time. but when I am aware of being delusional, I don’t get majorly delusional.

I have constant strange thoughts about my pacemaker being an alien control implant. I’ve reached the point where I know it’s just the illness acting up so I mentally shove that crap into a corner where it belongs and get on with my day. It’s a skill that can be learned, but it’s hard as hell at first because a delusion feels so real.

2 Likes

We all have thoughts that are wrong or untrue. I always had magical thinking since i was little and i still have it. Alot of thoughts i had and still have im not sure are reality or fantasy. Yet i tapered off meds and can function pretty much the same amount therefore i am not going back on medication

I think you’re absolutely right @Natron 100%

For me I am not delusional

My previous delusions I still agree with a lot of them, but I am not obsessing over it

The test I have set is when I die, as my delusions and experiences were deeply spiritual (Thanks LSD/Magic Mushrooms)

So… I walk around with a functional, and unique understanding of the Universe to me, and have given up trying to tell people all about it, otherwise they just think I am ill

Very undermining.

When I see people talk about delusions here, I don’t think they’re delusional.

1 Like

Isn’t it weird that we’re normal if we just don’t talk about it.

As soon as you open your mouth, “You’re weird! Get away from me!” :unamused:

Remember, talk about normal stuff, normal stuff. :expressionless:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.