The Meaning of Psychosis

When I was ‘ill’ and at my ‘worst’. I experienced things that were so real to me that even now I am not sure whether I am right, or the doctors are. I was transported to another plain of existence where I could interact with every living thing in the universe, and I was at one point stood on a platform of aurora where I could instantaneously interact with any living thing, human, animal or alien. They taught me the history of the universe and everything contained within it. I was shown images of things, designs for alien technology and learnt what life really was about.

My problem is that no matter how much I tried to convince other people, I was treated as if I was mad, and put on these ■■■■■■■ drugs and locked up in hospital. I was with my psychologist today trying to explain just how that felt, and still feels to this day.

I believe I have been marginalised as a Schizophrenic for my experiences, and de-valued as a human being who is sentient enough to understand what is real or not.

I am so frustrated. I need to know if anyone feels the same because I am so alone with these beliefs and thoughts that I carry with me where ever I go.

1 Like

Psychosis is meaningless, it is a detachment from reality that has to be abolished.

It has meaning if it is all real. We need to entertain the fact that we might have special abilities to see what others hide away from.

1 Like

Psychosis is just a form of intrusive thoughts that enter our brain and cause people to stop thinking logically.

I think its interference that schizophrenics brains pick up from another dimension. doesnt change the fact we gotta live and interact in this realm though and thats why our functioning suffers because our minds drift to another world

3 Likes

Your special ability is a brain that doesn’t work correctly. Being detached from reality doesn’t give you any special abilities.

1 Like

I appreciate the medication as it gives some peace, but I really want to know if it’s real, and if so, what does it all mean.

Why do people choose to ignore these things and sideline anyone who speaks of it?

I feel like I have been punished for something that’s real and other people are in denial about.

1 Like

It’s a real experience, but it didn’t happen in this reality. It was a trick your brain played on you.

I don’t buy the argument that it’s my brain that is at fault here. This was an experience of an external nature.

Theres no way to prove its real, so everyone will conclude its a delusion, there are things we just dont know enough about and humans actually know very little about this and other universes. Dont think its a problem wanting to know the truth, however be carefull it doesnt become an obsession and be realistic how others will perceive what you experienced

1 Like

It wasn’t real. You didn’t meet any aliens or learn about their technology

2 Likes

@Joker, I know that in my case, my thought component of schizophrenia (including past psychosis) is a result of a strong current of negative energy directed at me. I don’t know about you but that’s me.
There are methods I find to weaken the current.

Most of us have had experiences like that while psychotic. It doesn’t make them real, regardless of how real they feel. I’ve had a really hard time shaking the feeling that some of the things I experienced didn’t really happen, but I know I have sz and this is just the nature of the beast. It sucks. And I’ll probably never 100% believe it was all just my brain. But I also sort of know that I was super delusional when it was all happening.

It makes sense drugs like LSD can make us experience altered states and antipsychotics can normalise us. They both infuence the brain which creates the mind, question is why would our minds experience things that others say are not real. Dont think its all chemical

1 Like

Are you willing to try to overcome the feeling that it was real? To learn to accept that it was part of the sz?

1 Like

It wasn’t all great I admit, which is why I take the tablets because I cannot control it by myself. I am not strong enough to deal with it all the time as I have to work in this reality.

I think we all have an ability that took us over and was too strong for one person to be able to use properly.

I met many dead and alive people, and I drew their stories from the images they shared with me to explain what happened to them

There are many psychics and mediums that are even on the TV. There must be something going on here. It’s a conspiracy. And we’re being fooled.

1 Like

It’s a trick. It’s people that can read body language really easily, have people doing research for them, and get lucky.

1 Like

But why are they allowed to be on the TV and not get sectioned, locked up and medicated?

2 Likes

Because they’re still able to live stable lives and take care of themselves and work and have relationships. It’s not affecting the quality of their life.

3 Likes