The Meaning of Psychosis

U say this was an experience of an external nature. But it is the mind that allows u to perceive that external stuff and it was ill.

3 Likes

Even with SZ, if you’re able to remain stable, no one is going section you, lock you up, or force medication on you.

2 Likes

money, if you make money doing something and its not illegal your accepted. Schizophrenics tend to struggle to the point they cant make money. Its also a case of getting along with those around you, which schizophrenics struggle with

1 Like

Same reason churches are allowed to defraud their flocks: People like being rooked by charlatans.

2 Likes

i am already on the outside of society. My local community has made it clear they don’t want me, and I am alone apart from my family who I am close to.

What is an example of the methods you practise?

Makes sense. It’s sad that we experience these things in to high intensity. I am not going off my meds because although I have a reluctant nostalgia with what has happened, I know that without the tablets I will lose everything in this world that I have had to fight for

1 Like

Yea it would be great to be able to switch on psychosis at will like an on or off switch or a safe word, because it can be quite exciting, felt like I was living in a movie way more exciting than real life

2 Likes

I tried my best to convince others, but it didn’t help at all…

If I could control it I would be unstoppable.

I find valuim knocks the ■■■■ out of my psychosis, wish one didnt build tolerance to it

I just quit mine. I am trying to go without. I was only on it for a few months this time but I also find it helpful in taking the edge off.

Because it is so hard to get hold of I need to look after the supply I have left for emergencies.

they only prescribe it here when your in a ward, nothing when you get out, I could probably get one or two tablets for an emergency via doctors prescription but they are overcautious about a patient getting dependant on it to the point that they never prescribe and no one is on it long term

I explained my experiences to a doctor and she admitted she had heard similar stories many times before. This cannot be a coincidence.

I’m not gonna lie, sometimes I get concerned that my ill psychotic hellish mind if it persists, will go on in afterlife but I’m working on rinsing that belief out of my system. I hope I will get far with that but idk

They give it to you in the community here I think because it’s a sticking plaster so they can keep you in the community.

Last time I was on 30mg a day for a year, and I had hundreds of 5mg tablets left over at the end of it.

I had so many I worried and returned a lot of them to the pharmacy

A GP will only give a few days, but a pdoc can give you a lot in the UK

I think it’s MOST LIKELY so I’m not hundred percent sure but I like to think that it’s just cos the illness has patterns so many people experiencing similar things.

addicts smoke them for a quick rush, havent tried pdoc maby they are more lenient but dunno will need to see if I ever need them

It’s possible. I don’t like this. These doctors just have paid pity and it pays well for them and the drug companies.

I hope you don’t, but asking for them to use as PRN is wise if you find that you can struggle sometimes. Emergencies only

I can remain stable, as my mother makes sure now that I take my meds. My problem is stress, and the restriction of my freedom of expression makes me stressed as well as what happens at work.

If you become unstable because of stress, then you’re not able to remain stable. I think maybe I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.