The green eyed monster

My sister has always had a somewhat negative/resentful attitude re my mental health problems. That contrasts with her attitude towards my brother’s mental health problems. Even accounting for the fact they live near to each other she’s much more supportive of him than she ever has been to me. She regularly buys food for him and other things . She’s never done anything like that for me in the 16 years since my wife died.

I can’t deny that it hurts and makes me feel jealous.It’s been nearly 5 years since I’ve seen either of them. Due to my problems it would be very hard for me to visit them. Since my brother’s mental health problems started comparatively more difficult for him to visit me. There is no such issue with my sister. She could easily visit, and bring my brother with her.She just chooses not to…

1 Like

I have a sister who is nice to her siblings and ignores me. She says I’m a weirdo. I think she was freaked out that the person she knew as me was a counterfeit.

1 Like

Hmm was there a time when you used to be on good terms with your sister? Maybe bring that up in a phone discussion, or send her old pics of you two together? That might set things in motion.

1 Like

My brother and sister were far closer to each other emotionally ,as children and teenagers, than they ever were to me. My brother and I have grown closer to each other as we’ve aged. The same could not be said of my sister.and me.

I’m sorry @firemonkey thats a tough situation

1 Like

Im the youngest of the family and am treated as such. It frustrates me sometimes. My sister is 9 years older and is always preaching what will “help me”. I love her but she has to stop trying to fix me. She makes me paranoid when she comes to visit. I have the opposite problem. I need her to stay away…as bad as that sounds…

1 Like

Try not to dwell on it. Be assertive, and keep the things that are rightfully yours. It’s hard to change people’s minds in situations like this.

2 Likes

I have one sister I’m close to and another I don’t speak to because she’s so mean

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.