The government declared me incompetent

Yes I’ve got some problems. I can’t watch television or movies. I’ve been sitting here staring at my phone wondering what to post because it seems like I have limited things I can say. I used to complain about brain damage. Then it was severe cognitive impairment. All I do is just obsess about my cognition. But when the gouverment call you incompetent that hurts. Your link to society. Big brother that was there all your life suddenly tells you that you are useless worthless. But my brain has been moulding shifting healing. I’ve really been trying to take care of myself I’ve been getting.better. But it seems like too much effort to try and reverse the decision. I guess once the government does something like that to you. It takes a real special case to get back into society. Nothing has changed too much. I guess I can’t buy a car or sign any legal documents without my sisters who are now my power of attorney and personal directive. I still drive. I can still work if I can do the job. Which is hard. I’m a little on the ■■■■■■ over side. I guess it’s just on paper my time in society is over according to the government. I don’t have too much else to say. Anyone want to comment. Remember. I got issues everything I said is like my understanding of my place in society

2 Likes

Yeah how incompetent am I don’t know. I’m feeling extra dumb right now. My knowledge of stuff is damaged. Idk. Is the government right?

2 Likes

I haven’t been labeled like others like you are. Some people might have but it hasn’t reached me.

Most of things are self-assigned in my case. For most things I dependent on my parents. I feel like kid inside an adult body.

Coming to you. What are you going to do about your situation? If anything? You said you can drive. Did you try for delivery job? @Headspark does some vehicle driving job I think.

You know what a person close to me seems to be trying to bring up mistake I did when I was preteen. And indirectly trying to label me as thief. Sad thing is I can’t figure out if it is just my imagination or he is actually doing so.

For label of “incompetent” it is just going to take time to get over depressed feeling. Take your medicine. Maintain some physical activity so that you don’t feel stagnated.

1 Like

Do you think you won’t change or improve? What is truth today might not be in few months or an year.

What was reason for your sister getting power of attorney?

I’m trying to get a snow shoveling job for the winter right outside my apartment building. My sisters say I have to work. Even though I got quite a bit of money

2 Likes

My psych clinic was my trustee from 2008 to 2015, so don’t give up. I do Rehabilitation Day Services here, and my clinic deemed me capable of managing my own affairs and turned control back over to me.

1 Like

Maybe she just wants you to stay active? Physically and in turn mentally. World seems lot more gloomy than it is when you spend most of your time inside.

Value yourself.

I don’t like having my sisters tell me what to do. I wish I could just take care of things without them. It doesn’t seem like power of attorney and personal directive is really helpful

1 Like

I know what a power of attorney is, but don’t know what a personal directive is. I’m familiar with people who have guardians as there are some at my psych clinic. I’m in the USA.

I try and value myself. But I know I’m hurt and not as valuable maybe. I don’t know how to describe it. Incompetence what a harsh word

I’m in Canada. Calgary. They did it to me when I was severely delusional and psychotic. And couldn’t do anything. I had a lawyer sitting beside me I just remember almost laughing. They just declared me incompetant

1 Like

I never had a relative as my guardian or trustee as none of them were willing to do it, so I don’t really know what’s that’s like.

My sisters tell me that I can’t be without a job forgot longer than six months or they will move me out of my great apartment. I can figure out my budget and my situation at least. They don’t have to do that I’ve got money. But they don’t listen to me. They are trying to execute their duty but it’s pointless I’ve got money. I don’t need their rules. That’s what I see. It’s just stress for me. I’m disabled. They don’t even think I’m really disabled. I don’t know what they think. I’ve got problems with everybody’s brain. But mines the problem I guess. I’m getting better but I hate society

1 Like

This discussion kind of went south sorry everybody

My sister got power of attorney because back in the day. I have like 4000$ to a homeless person. I guess that is the reason. I was delusional and religious. Weird thing to do. But I did

Not everyone can discuss these things. Why should you be sorry here?

Why can I discuss these things so easily. Maybe it’s my insight. Bad cognition don’t really can’t really understand fully the awareness of what I’m writing

What I meant was you don’t need to be sorry for post or worry about it going south. Things are bound to happen on forum like this.

You are just telling us about your problems.

You sound perfectly rational and competent here, and I’m sure there are lots of things you can do to get (at least over time) a fulfilling life. But that’s not what social services care about when making an assessment. I don’t know the details of your case, but in my case, in a nordic country, is that after bucketloads of tests and interviews I was deemed unfit o work or live completely unsupervised, and thus eligible for a disability pension. I keep telling people I’m just lazy but clearly no one believes me (well, a few people in here might). Incompetent is a legal and bureaucratic term, not a medical one. I wouldn’t worry too much about it and just keep giving yourself daily cognitive routines to get back in shape. At first it can be a simple thing like playing a few games of checkers online everyday. Or going back to a graphic novel you once enjoyed.