The best thing you have bought

Everything that I buy recently seems to be cheap and useless! what is the best thing you have spent money on and why?

3 Likes

books. you can never go wrong with a good book.

4 Likes

My vehicle, freedom!

4 Likes

My paintbrushes.

I am no professional artist but I bought professional ones.

It cost me over £200… Not sure exactly how much

Once they wear out I won’t buy those again though.

5 Likes

These paintbrushes are very soft and so they work well on paper with watercolours.

If I can go back in time I would not have bought them though.

Bit excessive…

5 Likes

i agree @anon28145038

2 Likes

They say the best investment you can make is in yourself because no one can take that away from you. The best “investment” in myself i ever made was buying a bible i supposed lol because it changed me as a person

7 Likes

My Armani shirt.

7 Likes

I had a magnum ice cream was lovely

7 Likes

are they real horse hair? i dont know much about painting but i think good brushes can get really realistic results… idk i just feel like natural (vs synthetic) fibers will tend to produce natural phenomenon like trees etc more realistically if you know what i mean. Ofcourse im basing this off of that one bob ross video i saw that one time so :joy: :grin:

3 Likes

The professional ones I have are sable which is this Russian mammal…

Yes I can really feel the difference.

The paint just flows more nicely onto the paper.

Plus they are less ‘scratchy’ meaning that the paper is more likely to retain its surface very well.

I mean I can still produce very shitty results even with these brushes. But yea, it does help to produce better paint effects :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I second this! I recently got a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek… AND IT’S ORANGE!!! It’s a great car. Handles well, decent cargo space, room for luggage & also room for doggo, and great features like keeping me in the lane (very helpful when I’m foggy brained from fibro). AND IT’S ORANGE!! Oh, wait, I already said that. Haha.

:orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

7 Likes

wow thats cool i bet painting equipment can get really technical. im currently watching videos on how to master music productions and its super complex :joy: im sure painting is the same. dw most people cant draw at all so :grin: appreciate the gift you have

4 Likes

lol i got armani jeans once. They were the best quality jeans i ever had lol then i washed them and they faded and shrunk over time

2 Likes

Thankyou :slight_smile:

I could say the same to you.

It’s great when people have hobbies that don’t do damage but instead joy, such as music production that you do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess my college degree even though I think I could have enjoyed it a lot more. I didn’t have very many good roomates.

4 Likes

As of now it would be my banjo. Me and Oscar are joined at the hip so to speak.

It’s really given me an alternative rather than thinking about wanting to drink the beer and stuff. I have a feeling this instrument is going to save me.

:notes:

6 Likes

lol @poeticskunk your avatar got a hat :grin:

2 Likes

Haha true I have two Armani jeans though both are Armani Exchange. The shirt is Emporio Armani so I like it better.

3 Likes

I didn’t ‘purchase’ it but I love my apartment :upside_down_face:

6 Likes