That I should be destroyed - that was the talk

My parents considered aborting me. I am imagining what it was like to be in mother’s womb while they were discussing it.
No wonder I was obsessed with war. Very destructive ideas in my head.

1 Like

They told you they considered abortion?! That’s awful!

1 Like

My parents were awful. Very insensitive. They did not like people, themselves or anyone else. I’m sure abortion meant nothing to them.

2 Likes

I guess it’s time to walk away from them even if it’s just walking away from memories. Be a better person than them

1 Like

Babies can’t walk away. That’s what makes so many bad memories
But I have a good example now. My provider is a good person and she is teaching me love.

1 Like

I meant turn away from your parents now that you’re an adult. I did that when I was 18. Since then my parents each became better people and they’re in my life now. But for a long time I completely turned my back on them. I know your parents are gone, but you can still symbolically turn away from them

1 Like

I do that but it’s the self talk that I need to change.

1 Like

Just keep practicing. Eventually you’ll start to believe the new narrative and it’ll change you.

2 Likes

@PinCushion They may have talked about abortion but obviously they didnt do it. If they told you that they currently wish you had been aborted, then just walk away. Our self talk can contain a lot of imaginary ‘what if’ possibilities. Learn to listen to your self talk. As you do this, you will become more used to it. The horror movie you watch again and again becomes less scary.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.