Terrible insomnia

This night was the worst night ever. As soon as I would fall asleep I would dream, then wake up right away. All night I think I slept maybe 20 min. Like I would fall asleep only to wake up right away. Its been like this all week but during the week I would sleep like an hour or so then wake up and fall asleep again. I am on invega sustenna 50mg and I know thats the culprit. I really don’t want to add another anti psychotic for sleep. When I take antipsychotic in pill form I don’t poop. Literally. I am at a loss. In the begining when I first took this med I had this problem, then it got better and I was fine for years. Been on it four years now. But for the past month the insomnia has been terrible​:cry:. I don’t want to switch meds in a pandemic because I don’t want to end up in ward. :mask: Any advice is welcomed.

1 Like

What about adding a sleep med?

1 Like

When I’m troubled for sleep I listen to the most boring thing I can find, whether that is a podcast or audiobook.

If that doesn’t work I play a game in my mind, picking a category and naming things from A-Z

I wake up the next morning and congratulating myself on getting some sleep. :partying_face:

1 Like

It’s more likely to be your diet. A lot of caffeine. Try magnesium, calcium, b vitamins.

1 Like

I am on Invega also and had terrible insomnia until I added clozapine now I sleep like a baby.

1 Like

If you are looking for natural alternatives I would recommend magnesium, fish oil(keeps you from getting hungry during night), melatonin 0,5-10mg(Some people are very sensitive to it so you have to experiment to figure out what dose works for you) I’m taking 1mg, if I take more it doesen’t help me sleep. CBD Oil is also a alternative. You can take all these supplements at the same time which may give a synergy effect that improves the odds of it working to get good sleep. There should usually be no side-effects.

1 Like

@Mr_Hope Thank you for those suggestions. I will write them down and try some. @anon6551389 Thank you also. I don’t drink any caffeine during the day so I have no idea. @zeno I don’t really want to try a sleep med incase I become dependant on it. Thank you for your input @WokieGlitch and @Natron

1 Like

There are some that don’t cause dependency.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.