Am I the only one suffering from insomnia from the med invega sustenna?

I don’t know what to do. I told my doctor and he lowered the dose from 75mg to 50 mg. I don’t know if I should ask him for sleeping pills on my next appointment. Basically it takes me all night to fall asleep and when I do I only sleep for like an hour or two. Usually between 4 am and 930am.i can’t sleep during the day. Does anyone have this problem and did a lower dose solve it. I just don’t want to go off this medication cause it’s kept me out of the hospital, but the insomnia I am suffering from is terrible. What should I do?? And did anyone have this problem while on this medication.

Invega depletes magnesium, which can cause chronic insomnia. Try supplementing that.

I find I sleep too much on Invega.

2 Likes

I’m on 234. I have trouble sleeping because I use nicotine and take this drug. I just take Klonopin and drink wine to get to bed. I feel for you. I gained 60 lbs too.

1 Like

Okay thank you! I will try that!

Okay I may have to try the Klonopin too. Not sure if it’s a sleeping pill. I’ll look it up. Thank you.

1 Like

Ambien and lunesta are sleeping pills. I have had trouble before I was a smoker with getting to sleep on antipsychotics. Ambien and lunesta are great. Melatonin helps too. Also benadryl.

1 Like

Klonopin is a benzodiazapine. It affects you like drinking alcohol.

1 Like

Okay thank you for clarifying that. I might just give the benydryl a try. I tried melatonin before but that didn’t work.

I tried that but it doesn’t keep me asleep. I am screwed.

I’m on Invega Trinza/Trevicta and Mirtazapin/Remeron which help me sleep. If I dont take the Mirtazapin it’s almost impossible too fall asleep.

1 Like

I take my .5 mg klonopin at night now and…well I don’t sleep. But hopefully soon it’ll start working again :joy:

1 Like

It took.me two years of to start sleeping agan after i lowered my dose but it did work.out.

1 Like

Were you on invega sustenna?

I’m on the Invega Sustenna 156mg monthly injection and my only problem with sleep is that I have too many dreams and as soon as the dream finishes I wake up and have to go back to sleep again. I have been sleeping around 12 hours as of late and the dreams are getting less and less it’s really weird.

I got the dose successfully lowered from 234mg to where I am and still having somewhat of the same problem. Hopefully it gets better with time.

I also take Diphendramine aka Benadryl 25mg for sleep as well. I don’t take it everyday because I want to sleep normally but once in a while I take it and it seems to help.

Sleep problems and schizophrenia are associated.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. I think I may end up taking something for sleep. I can’t go on like this.

Is anyone still on here

Hi my name’s daniel i was given the shot and i also can’t sleep can anyone help pleas does anyone know what i can do to get some sleep???

I sleep pretty good on it. But, I take other sleep meds like trazadone.

@anon9798425 @Ninjastar @Moonbeam Personal info and zombie thread

Don’t share your number. That’s asking for trouble on a public forum. People can read this from google

1 Like