Ten years without cigarettes

This May it will be ten years without cigarettes. I came down with emphysema after 35 years of smoking. I quit Cold Turkey because I was having trouble breathing. Emphysema killed my grandmother, but she smoked until the day she died. My emphysema seems to have gotten better some since I quit smoking.

20 Likes

Good for you @anon54988740 I quit 5 1/2 years ago come April. I smoked for over 50 years and am on oxygen now, working to strengthen my lungs and my mind.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you are doing better chordy.

1 Like

Smoke free for about 5 years also after about 18years, pack a day. Glad you guys are smoke free too. It’s so gross too. I used to smoke in my home.

2 Likes

Well done to you @anon54988740 and to everyone else. I will have been 12 years without late this year. Was a horrible smoker till I was 39. Pack a day person from 14 or so. Best thing I ever did for my health was give up the cancer sticks.

2 Likes

Thanks @Kxev @rogueone.

It is great to be stopped of cigarettes.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m 5 years no cigs this coming fall…
I smoked a pack a day for 12 years.
Awesome to see yer success stories :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Congrats! I’m at 8 years smoke free.

2 Likes

İ m also 10 years smoke free

2 Likes

That’s great!!! I’ve read the lungs can improve over time after quitting smoking. Good job!

2 Likes

My sister is trying to quit. She says she’s super stressed right now so she said for now she’s not gonna try to quit. Just for now. She’s stressed cos her car is broke down and she can’t get out of this holler and cos my dad is so messy the whole farm looks like a trash heap and she can’t deal with that. (She’s a neat freak). My house is pretty clean though.

1 Like

My family doctor helped a lot in my stopping smoking.

2 Likes

congrats on being stopped smoking that long @anon54988740 =)

1 Like

On 31 May I will be 14 years without cigarettes. I smoked for 18 years up to two packs a day.

1 Like

Congrats to ya all !

Im on 8 years :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thanks @anon39015889 @lekkerhondje @Fellowman @Jayster @Cloudd3ad @LED @anon68444330 @CoCo @Loke

2 Likes

Glad to hear @anon54988740 I am a schizophrenic and I started after 12 years of my first symptoms. I used to smoke a pack a day. I am trying to quit now with Chantix 2mg. I quit 3 months ago, and didnt smoke at all for straight 3 months. But started again. Now again on Chantix and trying to quit while being on Clozapine. BTW again, best wishes from me for a healthy life ahead.

1 Like

Good luck. You can do it!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.