Tarot cards, spirituality, Wicca stuff

I used to be heavily into tarot cards, crystals, Wiccan ideas and spiritual stuff but ever since psychotic episodes I have slowly lost interest in all this stuff. I’m not sure if I should continue on with my spiritual practices because it just reminds me of being in a deluded mindset.
Does anyone else share these interests and continue to practice them even after experiencing psychosis? Hopefully I explained this well enough lol

For instance, with crystals I would feel heavy energy and with my tarot cards too but now I’m not sure if the energy was real or my mind was playing tricks on me

I was into all that stuff. Then I lost interest in it for years. I listen to audiobooks about it now but it’s more for entertainment rather than taking it seriously like I used to.

2 Likes

I used to be very spiritual, in Christianity. But I have trouble with spirituality now because I’m scared of becoming obsessed and delusional again.

4 Likes

Yea all this stuff just feels like entertainment now like you said. My beliefs just aren’t as strong

1 Like

Exactly I was super obsessed and deluded when practicing the stuff I used to. I don’t want to be that way again either

2 Likes

These are intriguing topics, I loved to study theology and history of religion when I was starting to get sick. :slight_smile:
Historically these ancient pagans referred to christians and muslims as atheists, while they viewed pagans as fanatics.
I think that most of this pagan stuff is dangerous for schizophrenics, in fact many schizophrenics are trained in these cultures to ‘develop’ their positive symptoms in order to be a shaman and a spiritual guide.

1 Like

Oh yea I’ve read about shamans and it scares me that their symptoms are sort of praised and encouraged when really who knows if they are actually able to heal people or it’s just their mental illness. Scary stuff

2 Likes

This is religion and we are not supposed to talk about religion.

1 Like

Was interested, stopped when it got me in a boatload of trouble, I don’t mess with that stuff anymore.

Unfortunately it never stopped messing with me.

1 Like

Sorry, but religious topics are off limits. They tend to upset people, largely due to the fact that so many of us have religious delusions that are easily triggered.

2 Likes