Talk therapy reduces symptoms

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/mar/07/treat-schizophrenia-antipsychotics-drugs-cognitive-therapy CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) Reduces symptoms of schizophrenia, I really think this is true, because my Doctor said I make a marked improvement in my illness. But I didnt take more meds, I didnt take a high dose or else. I just spend some time thinking about this illness and this is what I found 1) believing in my delusions worsens my symptoms 2) The main reason of nobody believes me is because im ill 3) If I want to live well I just need to change my perspective of my delusions. So I just thought “Ok, the more I believe in my delusions the worse it gets, so I will ignore these stuff, lets just say that everything out of my head has a explanation because I have no proofs of my delusions. If something unusual happens out of my head I will wait for a explanation” since that time, nothing unusual happened out of my head, unusual things have its explanation. Inside my head unusual and unexplicable things keep happening, but maybe its just a symptom of this illness that have been not discovered yet. The rest, like coincidences, double meanings and else can be just my impaired perception due to my illness. No one has come and hurt me, so why should I be worried? You need to try if you want to live well, its not easy…but you had to try

7 Likes

What you say is very true and good but theguardian’s article is trash.
Only a fool can suggest that therapy can be an alternative to antipsychotics.

4 Likes

I think both should be used in combination

3 Likes

I think so but often therapy is simply a later supporter of the meds because it is impossible to do therapy with a delusional person with no insight.

You have a lot of insight. Conididences are often our mind formulating and looking for patterns and is a phenomenon we’ve evolved to have. Recognising that they were in my head really helped me move past it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.