Tactile hallucinations

I have tactile hallucinations that feel like somebody is trying to mimic my body movements to get me to become catatonic. I subtlety feel shaking/body tremors and somebody lightly nudging me when I’m eating, taking a shower, walking and at rest. When I try to sleep it feels like something is moving my body like it’s trying to keep me up. Sometimes they dont follow through with the action completely and then it’s very noticeable and hard to ignore. It feels very strange and sometimes I don’t even want to move my body in fear of what I might feel. I started feeling this after I starting taking Olanzapine and it was very subtle at first but now it’s very severe and affecting my everyday life. Was wondering if anybody has this same experience or anything similar. I’m currently not on any medication right now and it’s really starting to take a toll on my mental health and I just want it to stop. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@Moonbeam, @Ninjastar, @Bowens and @voithos

If you have not discovered our official forum rules and read them yet, you can find them here.

Enjoy your stay with us!

2 Likes

It’s very good that you recognize them as hallucinations. It’s much more dangerous when they mix with delusional thinking in my opinion.

I had this issue before I got properly medicated. I also had visual and auditory hallucinations. These days I only deal with auditory. The visual and tactile went away with medicine.

I’d give olanzapine six weeks at least, if it’s still causing you problems you might have to try another antipsychotic, if your doctor thinks it is a good idea. Each one affects people differently, so it’s almost impossible to recommend an AP to someone unfortunately.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

I also have auditory hallucinations. I hear voices that make me think the fbi or secret government is monitoring/controlling me and a man I deeply hate is inside my head. I’m also hearing his voice and I have delusions that I think he’s a part of the Illuminati to try to get me to go kill myself. I hear many voices that tell me to go kill myself and that I’m going to have a heart attack. Just full on psychosis at this point that they are convincing me they are actually real and trying to do this. they keep telling me to call the police but why would I believe voices in my head.

Also what kind of tactile hallucinations were u dealing with?

Thank you! Are you a victim of sz as well? If so have you ever had any tactile hallucinations and if you have can you describe what they felt to you?

Sometimes I feel vibrations in my pockets and makes me think it is my phone. My doctor told me it’s not a hallucination,!Im just feeling my phone move in my pocket.

Damn that’s interesting. I wish I just felt vibration in my pockets lol

Hahaha! Not that kind of vibration lol

Wasn’t thinking like that at all

Strange but in the past when I laid down to sleep I felt like blood was leaking my body but that stopped two weeks ago.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.