Invisible Hands

I had invisible hands on me last night. They caressed, scratched and stabbed my legs as I lay in bed trying to sleep.

I am thinking of asking my psychiatrist if I can be switched to Clozapine (I am currently taking Amisulpride and Seroquel) as I find these tactile hallucinations to be unbearable. I absolutely dread going to bed. I don’t think I should tolerate it any longer. I already suffer with auditory hallucinations and it can be traumatizing sometimes. Maybe the medication is becoming less effective. I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

When my medication stopped working as effective, I just uped my dosage. And that seemed to work. But yeah, those tactile hallucinations do suck.

1 Like

I think I’ll discuss that with my doctor. Thanks @John_Raven

1 Like

It happens only at nights?

1 Like

Yes @Om_Sadasiva It only happens at night, when I’m in bed and at my most vulnerable.

1 Like

Yes, @Airelle77 the tactile hallucinations are not very rare, but not common, though I have never met anyone else who experienced them - until now, as I do think you experienced a hallucination. They can be incredibly realistic. Sometimes I am totally fooled by thinking that the hallucinations are real. But, I just need a more effective medication. I’m sorry that you also suffer hallucinations.

I only experienced it twice in my life at nighttime, but not that heavily like you describe it. I got delusions of grandeur and the voices came much later in my sz.(like 15 years)

1 Like

I can imagine that the delusions of grandeur are horrible and traumatizing too, as all the psychotic symptoms are, I guess.

1 Like

Its the imaginary responsibility what stressed me out.:grinning: i am over it, thx goodness

1 Like

Sorry you had a bad night. I’ve had similar issues at night, so you’re not the only one who suffers with that kind of tactile hallucination. I hope the medicine adjustment helps you out.

1 Like

Sorry you have to go through this. I didn’t know that was a hallucination since it happens @ night? I had them for like 8-9 years non stop! The pain and the sexual feelings are terrifying! I’m so sorry you have to go through that.

1 Like

Thank you, @Selah

Thank you, @Winterblues

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.