Szsleep do szphrenics sleep differenly?

Its 8 am and i havent slept all night.

I think if i fall asleep i would sleep szsleep.

3 Likes

It’s 8:30 here. I woke up an hour ago or so and i feel good :sunny:

1 Like

Im feeling good though.

You sleep when you feel peace. And sz peace nobody can take from you. So if i go to sleep with sz peace…i would sleep.szsleep.

1 Like

I just close my eyes and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Close to midnight here. I just slept about 5 hours because I needed to. As and when and how I can.

I sleep on my back.

yes… there are many sleep anomalies in szs…

2 Likes

I stay awake all night thinking the stars are talking to me when psychotic. On meds I sleep all day

1 Like

My sleep is still the wrong way round. Im up at 2am (UK) every morning - and end up back in bed by 4pm. But i been worried lately so hoping i can get back to normal soon. I sorely miss the quetiapine i was on, i could take a dose and happily sleep for 12 hours. i still get 10hours sleep , but its screwing up my appointments with my Community Support worker cos im usually to knackered during the day to talk about anything constructive by the time i see him in the afternoon.

When i’m psychotic i don’t sleep at all. when i’m not on medication it’s restless and disturbed, horrible nightmares and panic. I think i read a study saying our brainwaves were different, disrupted or something during sleep. so i’d say yes. I always figured lack of sleep was the reason i hallucinated so badly, subconscious leaking out into reality.

Since I was a little kid I haven’t had regular sleep patterns. Falling asleep is usually the hardest part, but if I don’t stress about it it’s not as bad. I wake up many times during the night and could just get up but I make myself stay in bed Incase I might fall back to sleep (After an hour I can get up). I’m always up long before my husband.
I would say that my sleep pattern is restless.

I rarely sleep more than 5 hours a night, even with a sleep aid. Then, suddenly, I go for the other extreme and catch a solid 12-15 hours in one night.

3 Likes

Before meds I was sleeping very little and when I did sleep, I had bizarre snd surreal dreams. I thought that there were these beings influencing my dreams trying to get my attention. Now I don’t really remember my dreams even right after I wake up.

Decreased need for sleep is a common but not a diagnostically required symptom of either a manic or psychotic episode.

For perhaps 10 years I have had great difficulty awakening in the morning. It took all of my will power to get up. I found that getting 10 hours of sleep at night made it a little easier to get up in the morning. I am on Zyprexa now. I was on Clozapine and some other AP meds. My doctor refuses to lower the meds.

We either sleep too much or too little.

I’m a sleeper, most days I just ly down and fall asleep, I miss a lot of TV shows by lying on the couch :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.