SZ Reading Club: AUGUST

By Saturday please post the book title, author, fiction or non fiction, and a quick description of what it’s about. Then, if you feel like it, tell us what you think of the book.

Everyone, feel free to ask questions about each book. It’ll be a real bonus if you can tell us where to find the book, Kindle Unlimited and Overdrive for library systems would be awesome for some of us.

Happy reading!

3 Likes

This is what I just started last night. So far it’s really good and a very easy read, which is good because I have a hard time focusing.

It’s a fiction, coming of age story about a boy that learns he is powerful and goes on a quest to learn more.

I’m reading it on Libby through my library.

4 Likes

I love Libby! I use it all the time. But. I’m a librarian and need to pimp library services.

1 Like

I cheat and still use my Portland library card because there’s no library in the town I love in now. Well, there sort of is. But they’re only open for 3 hours every other Saturday and the whole building is the size of a bathroom. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

I’m reading Neuromancer By William Gibson. Sci fi fiction that is a standard I’ve never read. Good so far. Very wordy with cool terms and it’s a bit like the movie world of Blade Runner. Interesting and can see why it was groundbreaking for it’s time.

And…Our Band Could Be Your Life by Michael Azzerad ? ( sp). It’s non fiction about 80’s American independant music bands. Just started and reading about the early days of Black Flag. Must read for anyone who grew up listening to American Indie rock.

Both on kindle. I am in love with my kindle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should try Kindle Unlimited if you read a lot.

1 Like

I’m seriously thinking about it @anon4362788 just have another couple of subscription services that I might get rid of for the unlimited.

1 Like

My husband gave me my subscription for my birthday in 2018. He said it’s a great investment because i read so much. I think I’ve read every free zombie apocalypse book on Amazon. Well, probably a lot of new ones by now.

1 Like

Amazing Fantasy/sci fi author and that was a great series. I liked it a lot.

1 Like

My Next Plan in Thus Myth Called Life is To Read,
djkdkrie930pdrpelfrd;fl3-3-rlolf;dlke930elf;elfleo04r030rkfdflfr;rlr0epr
I Am Looking Forward to it.
Hopefully I Can Comprehend His Teachings. I’ve Heard Amazing Things About His Works!.

4 Likes

Bump…I moved from reading one book a week to two and it’s good for you!

Get onboard peeps…what do you like to read and what are you reading. Reading is so good for a lot of things…Took me a long time but I’m enjoying it again…you can too.

So. Robert Anton Wilson Turns Out to Be Quite The Poetic Force in Strange Illusions/Reality.

A Fascinating Spellbound Introduction into a Unique, Different Approach to The Internal/External.

I Actually Took a Break And Looked Around, And Thus Author Has a Few More Books Out There That Looks Enticing.

Strange, Exciting World.

Is that included in Amazon Prime?

I’m reading The Death Cure by James Dashner.

It’s third in the Maze Runner series. A bunch of teens are being experimented on by a government agency to try to cure a deadly disease. The main character worked with the agency but had his memory wiped. He refuses to get his memory returned and tries to subvert and defy the agency.

Got it on Libby, the library app. It’s available on Kindle, too.

1 Like

Normally I read in bed but last week with my son in the hospital it threw me off. Now I’m too sleepy at night to read. I extended my book loan, hopefully I will get back on track.

I just finished The Choice by Edith Eva Eger a nonfiction about an Auschwitz holocaust survivor who became a noted psychiatrist. It’s both autobiographical and relates some of her experiences with clients. Got it from Amazon. I wasn’t disconcerted by it as my therapist feared. She actually told me about the book and then got afraid it was the wrong thing to do. I got a lot out of reading it.

2 Likes

I’m currently reading, “Crab Monsters, Teenage Cavemen, and Candy Striped Nurses: Roger Corman King of the B-movie.”

How’s that for a title? :wink:

It’s a lot of fun so far. A lot of great pictures and movie posters in it.

A lot of famous filmmakers have interviews in it, and talk about coming from the school of Corman.

2 Likes

I am reading “tommyknockers” by stephen king…second time I’ve read the book but it is really interesting because it’s science fiction about aliens…

I am also reading " the forbidden door" by dean koontz…just barely started that one…let you know…

Read the Cosmic Trigger Trilogy if you haven’t. Its been 10 years but all 3 were great.

I’ve Been Looking into, ‘Shrodingers Cat Trilogy’.

What’s Up With The ‘Cosmic Trigger Trilogy’?.

:sleeping: :snake: :sleeping: