Sure you have your Covid shot, but have you gotten your flu shot yet?

Flu season is coming up. Have you gotten your shot? Do you plan to?

I have not got mine yet.

5 Likes

I got my flu shot about a week ago.

2 Likes

YES. I got the flu shot last week and my Abilify shot two days ago…cheers!

1 Like

Had the covid shots. And not got round to the flu shot yet, cos im waiting for them to appear in the chemist. Will cost me £12 quid cos i dont get mine free.

1 Like

i dont think ive ever gotten a flu shot, i got the covid vaccine tho as soon is it became available

1 Like

Here, flu shots are only recommended for the elderly and people who could get very ill because of the flu. I don’t fall in that category.

1 Like

I’m fully vaccinated against COVID, and around OCT 1, we’ll be getting our flu shots. I always wait until the beginning of October so the flu vaccine gives me maximum coverage for the flu season.

2 Likes

I get my flushot every year before winter. I move around in public a lot.

1 Like

I’ve never gotten a flu shot. Maybe I should start.

They say during this pandemic, because of all the social distancing, masks and hand washing some strains of the flu may have gone extinct.

1 Like

Not availble here for another few weeks, but I’ll be getting it. I’m booked for my first Shingrex shot next week.

1 Like

I completed my Shingrix vaccine about a year ago. Got sick after BOTH shots. Fever, chills, flu-like stuff. It lasted 2 or 3 days on both shots. Forewarned is forearmed.

2 Likes

Still better than having Shingles.

1 Like

No argument on that from here. But it missed the point. I was just trying to alert you of side effects, not argue a way out of getting the vaccines.

1 Like

I’ve never had a flu shot, but I have had the Covid vaccine. Maybe I’ll start looking into getting the flu jab…

1 Like

i get my flu shot soon i think… i get it every year.

2 Likes

I signed up for a clinical trial that will combine the flu shot with a covid booster. Still waiting to see if I get accepted.

2 Likes

I plan to get mine soon. Just haven’t had the chance yet

1 Like

I was at my veterinarian’s yesterday to get my dog’s vaccines updated and he told be he recently got his Shingrix vaccine and had the same experience. @shutterbug is correct though. My mom is a nurse and from what she told me those side effects are preferable to getting shingles.

My parents got their Shingirx shots and both were fine, other than a sore arm.

1 Like

Every jab I get seems to knock me on my back. I’m used to it at this point.

2 Likes

I already said this earlier, so I’ll repeat myself.

I AM IN NO WAY ARGUING IT’S BETTER TO HAVE SHINGLES THAN SHINGREX. SHEESH.

1 Like