Do you get flu shot?

my pdoc always asks me if i’ve had a flu shot, i think i’ve only caught flu once in my life and had it for about a week, i think i contracted it at work. i guess i will get a flu shot this year in november, but i kinda wonder if it’s necessary? anyways they were encouraging me to get a flu shot, so i will probably get one.

im waiting until november because that is the next time i will be at the hospital. so i’ll just get the shot while im there, medicare covers it. the lady i was talking to said they start giving shots in october.

1 Like

I’ll get flu shot this year for the first time.

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion my pharmacy is already giving flu shots.

1 Like

Ill have mine next month when the chemist has got hold of it. 8 quid - so worth having.

1 Like

It only covers a few strands out of many. I’ll still probably get it for the first time though. I imagine a lot of people will be getting it for first time. The psychology behind that would be really interesting.

1 Like

I get a flu shot every year

1 Like

No I have a immune system.

3 Likes

Nopes. I fear all these vaccines.

I’ll attempt to eat well and not go out with wet hair. Hopefully it’s enough.

1 Like

My depot nurse said I should get one. They’re now recommending all people over 50 do so.

1 Like

I’ve had them sometimes, to me the flu shot is like coffee, every year some “Official” people say it’s good and others say it’s bad.

2 Likes

Yes, I always get a flu shot. I got it at work this year because my medical insurance has not started giving flu shots yet (apparently they are setting up drive through flu shot clinics but they won’t start giving flu shots for several more weeks.

My mom has the same insurance and she didn’t want to wait several weeks so she paid out of pocket and got the flu shot at CVS.

3 Likes

Yep! I got mine earlier this week at my VA clinic.

:+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I got mine September 1st at my pharmacy, the day they started giving them out.

2 Likes

I’m afraid to go out because of covid19 so I won’t be getting it.

When this covid thing has blown over I’ll start getting it.

I’ve never had one before.

1 Like

Me either.
I don’t think I’ll get any of the vaccines.
I heard they can make you sick.

1 Like

I’ll be first in the queue for a covid19 vaccine.

Also check this out :

3 Likes

After all this I will, in future, get the flu shot. Dad is high risk from just general flu so I need to be supporting him and getting it is the way forward.

3 Likes

Well, ya know, if you get the flu, you’re a sitting duck for Covid-19.

2 Likes

No way I’m going near any hospital just for that.

1 Like