Stopped reading for a while

Of all the books I read the only one I really read all the way through was “love in the time of cholera” and I am glad I did but most books I check out at the library only just sit there laughing at me because of my low motivation to read again. gonna try again in a month or so…just wanted to have nothing pushing me to read for a while…you read? it’s hard for me.

2 Likes

I used to read like 3 books a week before psychosis. With that and the meds I spent a decade reading probably 5 books total. It’s hard it really is but I’ve been forcing myself to read. With adding some exercise and buying a kindle I have been reading everyday. I try for a chapter at least depending on the book.

Yes. It’s very hard to concentrate and too read but it’s worthwhile persevering. Reading is very good for you mentally.

2 Likes

I used to be able to read a book in one or two days. But now by the time I reach the bottom of the page, I have completely forgotten what I have read.

I still read some things, but they are only a few paragraphs

1 Like

I stopped. Hoping the motivation and energy come back.

2 Likes

Hoping to slowly get back into the habit.

2 Likes

it’s really commons for sz’s not to be able to concentrate and read because I believe because of the brain damage associated with long periods of being ill…I am fighting it, just taking a break on reading …sorry you guys also have trouble.

1 Like

I can’t read anymore. I listen to audiobooks instead. I really miss reading. I used to read several books a week.

2 Likes

I really struggle to read at the moment. My depression is rearing its ugly head, and on top of that is the negative symptoms that has affected my cognition. I usually love reading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.