Starting to think rebirth is necessary for life

not just for people but also im thinking planets and worlds. like at some point we will run out of resources, so even planets need to be renewed. my biggest fear of rebirth is losing my memory of past lives and making the same mistakes twice.

2 Likes

Reincarnation is my worst fear actually.

3 Likes

please elaborate as to why. :slight_smile:

When I feel I have missed out on this life I often think, “Oh well , there’ll be other lives!”

2 Likes

This current life is hard enough. I’m not having my mind wiped and coming back. The whole thing strikes me as a bit sinister.

6 Likes

When I feel like that I think perhaps that it is just oblivion and it will be the way I felt before I was born. Nothing!

Having had a fugue episode I guess I know what it feels like to not exist, in other words be dead, as I didn’t exist for a few weeks. No history, no past, no present, no future.“I” didn’t exist, time didn’t exist. There was nothing,

I am not afraid of death at all.

3 Likes

As long as I don’t get schizophrenia in my new life I am happy.

2 Likes

I feel the same way too. I feel like life is infinite and we get to be re-born many times. I feel like oh well if I messed up in this one. There will be many many more.

2 Likes

but when die you go heaven or hell. no rebirth. So be good person or else.

2 Likes

How do you remember what happened before you were born? I don’t even remember my first five years. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You’re just making assumptions.

1 Like

Exactly. I was suggesting you weren’t bothered by it then, nor will be you after.

2 Likes

But that’s another assumption???
Maybe you were bothered by it but forgot.

1 Like

If I forgot, then it will be exactly as I thought. Nothing!

1 Like

So if you forget whatever you’re feeling right now that means you’re not actually feeling anything?

Tell me, what was it like for you before you were born?

1 Like

No, that was my point. You don’t know, which means “nothing” is an assumption. In fact, you don’t even know if your memories are real. You don’t know if you’re the same person you were a second ago or if you just have their memories.

“After death there is nothing” is not atheism. It’s just a boring form of nihilism.

1 Like

I felt nihilism when I felt like that.

It was momentary.

I feel completely different now.

(Don’t be upset at the previous post and your hurt feelings at trying to get it shut down.)

No, I was actually just trying to have an interesting discussion with you.

1 Like

In that case, when I had a fugue episode that lasted several weeks where I didn’t exist in my mind. I relate to that and think that that there was a time where ‘I’ didn’t exist. My body continued doing its thing but me was as good as dead. I have no memory of that time and compare that to my assumption of nothing, as to me I was.

I also like entertaining thought experiments about not existing, and what the consequences of that would be. Does it make life meaningless or meaningful? Does it make death neutral, because “nothing” can’t be either good or bad? Or does it negate something that was good/bad? Is non-existence possible? If my body dies and my memories and my personality disappears, what is left?

Personally, I don’t think I am my memories or my personalities. It’s just a room for my consciousness to fill. I am something else. I don’t know if I am the same thing from one second to the next, or if I’m different from others, or apart from others. But I think whatever it is, it will become something else, or something less complex, not disappear. But that’s just a guess of course.

3 Likes

I watched a documentary that discussed the multiple world theory and showed a projection of human lives on a camera film. The camera film then multiplied to thousands of individual camera films to represent each different life story on one individual having made different decisions. This then multiplied to other people and put the maths in place to make it scientific with multiples of n.

Watching other peoples lives unfold on a the film gave a perspective of the fourth dimension where time can be controlled, as you could pick these lives at any given time, forwards or backwards on their timeline.

If you sat in the eternity of space and looked at the microfilms, is that who you suggest “you” are?

I love this outlook.

1 Like