Schizophrenia.com

Starting to think rebirth is necessary for life

It is another one of the thought experiments that I have spent a lot of time contemplating, yes. My body could be like a multidimensional movie that something is watching, and I am that something, not the movie. It is a very interesting thought. Maybe that something that’s experiencing my life even knows it’s watching a movie, and I am just the extension of it that is not aware of anything else. Like it’s sensory areas. It experiences my thoughts, feelings and sensations, and is unaware that it is feeding this to some other part of its being. And maybe that being is aware of everything and everyone else as well. We could all be tiny parts of the same thing.

1 Like

Yes and when the film stops, another one starts, or who knows we wake up as something else.

I know what it is like for my film to stop though, and the scary feeling of coming to again. If it had not started again, I wouldn’t have cared either way because I didn’t exist (for a short while).

If it starts again, as another film how is this not reincarnation?

1 Like

Maybe it is reincarnation. We can’t know. Isn’t that what makes it exciting? We live, then we die, and we don’t know what it means or what comes next. It’s like an amazing adventure and we’re just going through it, experiencing it, and waiting expectantly to see what’s over the horizon.

1 Like

Reading this thread I feel my unusual beliefs becoming a great deal less unusual.

Maybe you could use them to make a better life for yourself with the right treatment. If you don’t get stuck in it. I think psychosis fixed something in me that I only realized when I came through it.

2 Likes

With this theory you can live your life and feel everything and also look with detachment at it. It doesn’t burden us. It makes it count and not count at the same time while living ‘our film’ to its conclusion naturally without worry.

It doesn’t have to be answered conclusively. We’ll see!

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. That is one thing a recovering sz can claim as their own. Having seen and lived the direct experience of ‘madness’ and can look back with hindsight at how it was, gives a new perspective on life.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be going back to taking meds but I’m quite good at compartmentalising so hopefully I’ll be OK.

1 Like

There are things I’ve done in the past that I wish I could go back and do differently, but I know that is not going to happen, so I try not to dwell on it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.