Starting to drive

I’m a little fearful about getting behind the wheel, with my illnesses. Did any of you have problem driving or concentrating on the rode?

i had to get glasses and that helped a lot

No, but when I got behind the wheel for the first time, I ran over a squirrel. Since then I’ve run over a raccoon and 2 birds. I try to avoid roadkill as much as possible. I came to a screeching halt once to help a turtle get out of the road. Oh, I also ran over a Western Diamondback (snake), but those suckers are venomous. Anyway, roadkill aside, I found great liberty in driving myself around and not having to rely on others anymore. My concentration is not an issue. Stay safe and buckle up, chrisjjack!

For a long time I only drove with someone else in the car with me, really recently Ive been driving alone, mainly town driving but it feels good for me to do this.

1 Like

ok first of all I would learn in an automatic it costs a bit more per lesson but no annoying hill starts etc just goo like a go cart.
also if you take anti phsycotics take them after your leason not before.

I sometimes miss the turn I was suppose to take.

I do get absent minded a lot of times, but once you get a hang of it you’d simply perfect it, good luck

I have trouble with driving. I don’t like to drive long distances. I get the “what if” syndrome. “What if I wreck?” “What if I break down?” And I have trouble concentrating but some good caffeine and nicotine takes care of that.

I remember when I first learned to drive. Was with my mom and I was driving on the wrong side of the road and a car was coming towards us. She was freaking and I was like “Why are you freaking and why are they are on the wrong side of the road”. Oops…

1 Like

personally no i actually find driving relaxing, having said that when tired once i saw a crocodile on the road which we do have in this country but not near me !
but i would say go for it and there is nothing to be afraid of, driving is fun.
the thing is not to believe you are being followed which is a common one for me, i know it is rubbish but it still crops up !
take care