Fear of driving

I was able to drive fine until about 7 months ago. Every time I get behind the wheel I’m afraid of losing control of the car and killing my family. (I had visions about it while driving) or driving and due to low motivation drive stop driving and just crash into a tree somewhere. This is very frightening. Any one feels like this?

My voices went away when I drove but now I’m paranoid that they will come and if I can’t see then I could crash so I’m in the same boat as you

1 Like

Driving with symptoms is a problem. I think too much risk and too much at stake to not think if you are a risk on the road.

I’m happy taking public transport these days. So yes you’re not alone.

1 Like

I stop driving when that happens or if I can’t focus.

My biggest fear are other drivers. I trust my driving ability to 100% but I fear other drivers don’t and will crash into my car. That is bothering me. I drive a lot and I’ve been in many “near accidents” because of other drivers. Like an old man not stopping in an intersection. He just drove straight through, without even turning his head. I had to hit the breaks hard.

1 Like

i space out when i drive… i think its dangerous to have hallucinations or intrusive thoughts or just lack of focus when driving.

1 Like