Starting a business

i want to go to the bank and ask about starting a business,

i still dont know how exactly it can be done but i reckon if i can prove that there is money to be made then that will convince them.

1 Like

I always wanted to be self employed. Do you have an idea or are you trying to think of one?

1 Like

A friend of my Grandad would go with his business plans to banks he didn’t want a loan from just to see what questions would come up and what faults they would see before finally going to the bank he wanted the loan from.

1 Like

yeah, i’ve been taking in lodgers into my home since august, i only have one bedroom and a lounge and its been pretty good getting a little extra money here and there and because it is irregular earnings my benefit stays the same,

they use the private bedroom and i sometimes interact with them, they are very nice people as well, the website i use is very safe and people need to be verified and most have reviews talking about how nice they are and that makes me feel better.

i am now opening up my whole flat to people since getting a sofa bed,

so i am looking to take it further and get bigger premises nearby with more rooms and more space, my little flat is great but i need more space for my business.

You need a business plan. That’s the only way the bank would even consider it.
They may also look at your previous work experience? I dont know.

Also know starting a business requires a ton of energy and perseverence to get it off the ground

Hope you can do it!

3 Likes

You’re fortunate to be able to put up with other people that way and make it profitable too.

1 Like

yes, but there was a time when i was too paranoid and i lacked social skills, meds helped me with that though, my friend who is helping me also has social phobia but she is trying her best to help me out, its a win win for both of us

1 Like

i dont think i can do it :confused: i’ve lost confidence in it

on the surface it seems like it might work but it is far too complicated

lots to take in, i would need a lot of help with it, its not easy

a dream maybe, just another dream…

Good luck to you, i always prefer working for others

1 Like

You gotta persevere man. Just get started.
I started my company before I got psychosis. I wonder if I would have had the motivation to start one after it happened

1 Like

I know a bit about that , basically you need a Business Plan , it’s a formal document that includes projections

2 Likes

i know, thats the complicated bit, idk where to start, i feel like i will be laughed at and i really dont want that.

i dont have much money either lol

Yeah , the business plan ,will let you explore the viability of the business , it is framed in such away , that should give the answers to the type of questions the bank will be asking

1 Like