Sometime I wish I could go into a phych ward so I can meet someone

Wish i could meet someone with sza or sz plus I think I would make some sza friends aswell

9 Likes

I was always keen on a woman in the ward at the state hospital where we spent a lot of time together just on smoke breaks…when I left she kind of stood at the desk watching me check out …I said I could give her my number, but she walked away…I thought she was supposed to back then…I was still a bit delusional.

3 Likes

Why dont you try a nami meeting or a clubhouse?

5 Likes

haven’t been there that many times, but sometimes ive met some interesting people. Never dated through there though, It was a time when my condition was starting…I didn’t think it would continue till this day and going. Not sure where I would go nowadays, its been a long time for me.

It would be a lovely story when your kids ask how you met.

5 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with meeting at a mental hospital. It’s not too different from meeting another patient at a physical health hospital. I wouldn’t be embarrassed to tell anybody about it, mental health isn’t really something people make fun of anymore.

1 Like

???

!5 characters.

2 Likes

There’s always support groups.

I mean it’s not fashionable, awareness has hit a point where it’s just not commonly acceptable to make fun of mental illness. That would be like being homophobic in public, you would get stares. It also doesn’t play well on social media. Just saying.

1 Like

I disagree. Still misunderstood all round.

3 Likes

Reminds me of a young lady whom i met during my last hospital stay - She was adamant that i was her husband, and kept trying to kiss me and hold my hand. And for the smallest of moments - i bought into her delusion and enjoyed the attention.

Poor Girl clearly wasnt well - and it was obviously frowned upon by the nurses - but for some reason that girl always pops into my head now and again.

2 Likes

I don’t think people realize how far we’ve come. A lot of this is paranoia, thinking people are making fun of you. As long as you aren’t completely detached, other people are cool with you. I don’t see a lot of room for derision in there. I get it if you’re stuck with an incompatible family member or roommate, they can suck, but nearly everyone in my life has been very supportive in my experience since I got ill.

The only girl that ever has show interest in me since I left school was in a hospital. She was Bipolar. She left me a note on my bed to read but I was knocked out on Clozapine when I just started taking them. By the time I woke up she came in to my room and removed the letter. I still wonder what it said on that letter. I should of asked her really.

My uncle met his partner in psychiatric hospital. They’ve been together for a long long time

2 Likes

I enjoyed my stay in the psyche ward meeting people and making new friends. At the end of the day though, we all just went our separate ways when it came time for discharge as we were discouraged by the ward staff from exchanging phone numbers and addresses.

I haven’t really kept in touch with anyone I’ve met at a ward. They were there for a reason, so was I.
The ones I did keep in touch with, I can sometimes see them getting worse, and I feel helpless that I can’t do anything for them.

I’ve gotten far enough that I know to back away when someone seems off or manic, because otherwise I’d let them suck up all my energy trying to help them when I can’t.

Psych wards are not fun.
I avoid them.
I take my meds and try to be stable and don’t panic when I have breakthrough symptoms

1 Like

Soon i will go to a day center for people with MI in my city where i live if i will be approved. Can’t wait to go there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good idea I’ll check both out

1 Like

Its been my experience that no one really cares.