Something isn’t right

My memory is really bad. It started last night but I can remember what I couldn’t remember. I know that I thought hands were on my feet. But today I was talking with a friend and asked how her thanksgiving break was but apparently thanksgiving was a few weeks ago. And then I was looking at celebrities and for a moment I recognize this girl who starred in a show I watched for more than a year, but I couldn’t recognize her. I’m worried. I’m dissociated and my eyes are unfocused

2 Likes

Has this ever happened before?

1 Like

That kind of stuff happens to me. It’s scary.

2 Likes

This is “call the doctor” territory.

2 Likes

Really? I thought it was just a hallucination

A few years back I would stall when my friends would come up to me and I’d ask what their name was and figure out who they were. Happened last year once, and before that I couldn’t recognize my parents once or twice. Other than that, no, never happened. before. Not to this extent. I cannot think well and I’m forgetting everything. I panicked yesterday because I thought it was Tuesday which is when I start my colonoscopy prep and I have to go to school, but it was Monday and it was past noon and my day was off. I can’t recognize my current friends, in the sense that I see them everywhere. I can’t remember the girl who sits next to me’s name, and they all giggled and I assumed I learned her name before and that’s why it’s funny.

And my good friend who is online was talking to me and I knew we’d been friends for around two years, but I asked him what his gender was and his name, and if he knew mine, which he apparently knew. Reminded me of the times I’d freak out and go “How’d you know my name?” and my friends laugh because it’s obvious, because they’re a teacher or I’ve talked to them before. Anyways it was very trippy talking to him because I have no idea how we met, why we met, the reason we were friends, who he was etc., he just sent me memes an we chatted so I went with it. I believe he supported me on my art account but I can’t remember, we probably joked around a lot. It’s fuzzy. These events only happened a year or two ago. I forget everything that’s happened the previous year. I’m already losing memory of 2017, and I don’t know the difference between 2016 and 2017. I still have trouble knowing what month it is. My boyfriend apparently kissed me on the cheek at homecoming I think 2016? Or beginning of 2017, but I didn’t even know it until he told me. It would’ve been something I should’ve remembered because the only kisses I get is from my parents. I’m not a very intimate person so that should’ve been something I remembered.

Wow that’s scary. I know what it’s like to have people tell you something happened and not remember it. To be honest though I think it would be best to tell your doctor about it. Cause for it to get so bad so fast is a very bad sign. Have you ever mentioned it to your doc?

1 Like

I think I mentioned it. Idk. I got a brain scan and it’s nothing organic

Perhaps it’s a side effect from a medicine your on? Do you know if you’ve changed meds or would your parents know?

Its probably good it’s not an organic problem at least.

I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this. I know how distressing it can be to have memory issues. If you can try to write things down it might help you remember certain things better.

1 Like

I have no idea. It isn’t the Sertealine because I’ve been taking that since 2012 with only dryness as a SE. I’m taking trizadone and the doc sad there’s no side effects, especially since it’s a low dose, but I don’t trust that doctor because he also told me stopping my heavy olanzipine dose ASAP wouldn’t have side effects either… I don’t know. These memory problems have always been there but it progressively gets worse isk

1 Like

My memory is terrible too, I thought it was the meds! I now think it may be the illness itself. Remember, its normal for everyone to have glitches. Even more normal in sz.

The other possibility is stroke. Keep an eye on those glitches, they could be the early warning signs for this. If you have a stroke you could be worse off than sz.

2 Likes

Wait, I can have a stroke? i’m only 17

me age 7 and man it an’t fun get all that therapy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.