So ugh…… what are you eating for Christmas?

You need to get him a sous vide next.

You’re a good momma, by the way.

:heart:

2 Likes

Taco salad 12/23
Spaghetti Beyond Meatballs 12/24
Vegetable Lasagna 12/25

Just finished making meals packed in Tupperware for the weekend.

2 Likes

Nothing special. Spending xmas alone.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! How old is your son? I wish someone had taught me cooking and things around the house growing up

I’m so sorry. That sounds like a nightmare.

1 Like

My sister and brother in law host a Christmas Eve dinner, as well as a big breakfast late in the morning Christmas Day.

I didn’t ask what they will serve tomorrow night, but they normally make a rib roast and crab. I’m not much for seafood, but I do love prime rib. There probably will be cheesy potatoes and idk what other sides, as well as dessert.

Christmas will be just stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, maybe a breakfast casserole, and whatever else.

I’m not completely sure I will go, but I probably will. The problem is they all just had COVID, and I cannot contract that :poop: again. I’m probably safe, but yeah I’m a little leery.

3 Likes

Cupcakes :cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:

2 Likes

He’s 14. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he’s going to culinary school after high school. He loves to cook and is really good at it. He has severe learning disabilities but is so talented in the kitchen. I couldn’t be a prouder momma. :heart:

9 Likes

My best friend and I celebrated Christmas today and we had omelets with sides of sweet potatoes and coffee. We spent a wonderful day together today.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s so great when your child has something they’re really good at. My daughter has learning disabilities but is insanely gifted at ballet and other forms of dance (she danced ballet professionally) and she’s amazing with young children. She’s currently a preschool teacher. But school was Hell on Earth for her. So I get it.

3 Likes

We had chili and potatoe soup on my Dads side of the family it will be just cheese and crackers on my Moms side

3 Likes

Hot and stormy weather predicted for our Xmas day lunch at my sisters. Looks like some good prawns ( shrimp) have been bought and my sis is doing some hot ham…I think…so cold cuts, salads, prawns and maybe some ham hot or cold.

I’ve already had three days of feasting and popped on 2 kgs…haha. One more day then back to the grind of dieting! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My husband’s spaghetti sauce made from scratch with homemade meatballs and penne noodles. For the kids we’re also making Alfredo sauce from scratch. The way my husband makes his sauce, it takes about 4 hours. It’s super yummy. He used to be an Italian chef.

2 Likes

Just roast turkey leg with some spices. Probably teriyaki sauce too. Nothing extravagant. Spending Christmas alone.

2 Likes

green eggs and ham :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yum! I’m having very non-diabetic thoughts! My grocery store has some really colourful packages of cupcakes. :smile:

1 Like

We had X-mas dinner today for some reason. I had a roast beef and am going down my mum’s for some cold meats tomorrow.

Cupcakes were eaten!!! Icing everywhere lol

Don’t know if I’m putting the turkey in the oven in half an hour or not. Wife is running silent again.

Tonight I made myself a truffle pizza. Tomorrow ill cook the family dinner.

2 Likes

I am on turkey duty this year.

6 Likes