So I tried CBD

Marijuana was legalized in my state a couple years ago. I read there were studies that suggest the cbd compound could help in schizophrenia.

There’s different types of cbd. The real stuff is only in states where it’s legal for recreation or medicinal.

So I went to the local weed depot and spent $40 on cbd. CBD contains a small amount of thc in order to activate the cbd.

I have severe anxiety and I had to try something to ease it. I’m at the end of my rope and benzodiazepines aren’t working any more.

I gotta say it worked for my anxiety. I didn’t have a care in the world for 5 hours. When the cbd reached peak effect I did get some paranoia. I got slight high from it but no more then the benzo’s.

I was a regular pot smoker before I got schiz. I had to try cbd for myself to see if it would help.

As for now I’m staying away from it. I’m unsure of how using a marijuana product would react with my schiz medication.

I had to try something though the my anxiety is unbearable at times.

5 Likes

I developed some anxiety after starting to take caffeine pills in order to stay awake during the day. I am trying L-Theanine to counteract this anxiety. I think it is helping.

3 Likes

I drink an ungodly amount of coffee

2 Likes

It’s probably a contributing factor then.

I tried cbd and I got really high. I didn’t like it because I took it so I would have an easier time going grocery shopping and I was all messed up and paranoid at the grocery store. I don’t want to do that stuff again. I would rather do edibles. But anyway since then I started taking a max dose of Cymbalta and I’m not anxious to go grocery shopping anymore.

3 Likes

"Caffeine Triggers Your Fight or Flight Responses

When you drink caffeine, you feel more energized. However, that jolt of energy can also make your body go into a panicked state. An elevated heart rate tells your mind that something is wrong, triggering your fight or flight response."
Coffee and Anxiety - How Caffeine Affects Anxiety Treatment.

I realize it’s probably not something you want to give up though. I don’t want to stop my caffeine pills either. I need them to stay awake and alert.

Anxiety is just something that you have to work through. Go out, and push through it, again and again.

1 Like

I did that today, I drank too much coffee too quickly and developed some anxiety. I haven’t experienced something like that in a while. I took 100mg of l-theanine. It counteracts the excitatory effects of caffeine and has an anxiolytic effect, I find it works. It’s not as strong as a benzo, but for mild anxiety it works for me.

1 Like

I have had the same experience with L-theanine so far. It seems to be working for me. Shout out to @LED who suggested I try it.

2 Likes

I love L theanine! So underrated. Worked as well as benzos ever did for me, long term.

2 Likes

I read that if you are on a medication that says to avoid grapefruit you should also avoid CBD.

1 Like

Interesting! I hadn’t heard that before. Good to know.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s the same reason why for CBD. CBD interacts with the CYP450 enzyme blocking it from metabolizing your medication.

2 Likes

I take cbd twice a day ! Excellent stuff!!

I smoked a couple of cbd joints it didn’t do anything except my throat burned like heck lol

I like cbd, good stuff for some people.

Never had a problem with it.

1 Like

I use CBD, from hemp. It has only 0.3% THC, the smallest amount needed to supposedly activate the CBD, properly. I don’t get high at all, when I take some CBD.

I buy CBD soft-gel capsules (pills, basically), which is much easier to carry around in my bag, to take one when I need one.

However, I don’t take the CBD for my schizoaffective, I take it for my fibromyalgia pain. It really helps!!

1 Like

I use CBD hemp flower often, and it works wonders for my anxiety. I’m glad it worked for you @Wantsome480!

I daily take 5 drops CBD isolate that has no THC. I would not take full spectrum CBD which has tiny THC.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.