So I had this talk with my mom

If what I experienced in psychosis was spiritual or religious… why would my meds get rid of it? If it was a religious or spiritual thing… I’m not looking for a debate. Just sharing what helps me rationalize. Most of my symptoms are gone so that prolly helps me see that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have that debate with myself quite often. What did your mom say?

4 Likes

She just agreed with me…
I was mostly just ranting to her about my realization lol

2 Likes

That’s a wild realization, hey?

1 Like

My mother tried to exorcise me twice. Its horrible. She says religion cures all illnesses without medical treatment including my schizophrenia. She wanted to make me stop meds and send me to Egypt to a priest known to do “miracles” through exorcision.

3 Likes

Yikes, thats a little scary.

3 Likes

Smh…
That sounds awful, I’m sorry @Aziz

I know people that think like that too, and they’re so wrong.

2 Likes

Its suicide for me, I will be psychotic in a very far 3rd world country.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Aziz . You shouldn’t have to endure exorcisms. I had one done on me when I was about 20. It didn’t change a thing. Nothing happened at all because I’m not possessed.

1 Like

I’m extremely religious and fundamentalist without an AP. But with an AP, I still have beliefs, they just aren’t all consuming and out of control. With meds I’m not a fundamentalist. It’s interesting

1 Like

I went through that too. Craziness. I had to recall all my past sins and renounce them one by one and when I’d renounce the sin the “exorcists” would command the demon associated with that sin to leave my body. I threw up. It was weird. Foolishness. I didn’t know any better. Thing is I know how to read and I’ve read the Bible thoroughly and that ■■■■ ain’t in there.

2 Likes

good to hear you see things more clearly @Human
i wonder a lot about why meds made things go away… usually i think it’s cause the meds block the brain from seeing all that stuff that happens around us. But i try to think that it’s really the illness.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.