Conversion

I have had religious experiences when I was psychotic. I used to be an atheist from a Muslim family, but then I got sick and had visions of Jesus. I converted to Christianity and studied the religion. I have read the bible many times and I like Christianity as a religion. But now that I’m on MEDs I don’t know what to make of it all. Was it all in my head?

1 Like

Maybe it was psychosis and not religious experience

1 Like

Maybe, but I’m still sticking with Christianity and Jesus. But I used to hit myself with an electrical cord when I sinned.

No need for torture.

2 Likes

On meds I am an atheist. Without meds I think that I am Jesus and that I should kill myself to prove that I am God. I fell to those delusions and nearly died in the emergency from poisoning overdose. They pumped me with an IV antidote as they said my liver is failing and that I would need a liver transplant if my parents brought me late to the emergency or if they came home late that day. I was vomitting for an hour, at home, in the car, in the street and in the hospital.

1 Like

I offended Jesus ones. Was thinking that he was a bit wimpy. Then he was threatening me with a lighter and I thought he was going to burn me alive. All a saw was a fire and a lighter flickering and the Saint laughing at me. Hell of a night.

1 Like

Do you still have some delusions left or are they all gone. Because I have still some left. Hope they go away😑

1 Like

I still believe that everyone is going to heaven where we will all be equal. I don’t believe in hell. Ppl say that I am crazy and that its blasphemy when I say that. But it doesn’t really harm me unlike psychosis delusions

1 Like

Nice belief, I think it’s a human way of looking at thinks. But maybe a bit naive because there is some real evil in the world and I believe the choose them self to go to hell.

1 Like

If your faith gives you comfort, keep it. That’s all I’ll say since we’re not allowed to discuss religion.

1 Like

Yes I will keep my faith it realy gives me hope thank you.

1 Like

I wound up converting to Mormonism while floridly ill. My main takeaway from the experience is that religious organizations are quite content to prey on the mentally ill and extort support and tithes from them.

1 Like

Sorry for your bad experience. Yes, you have to look out for such things. I would probably never have been religious if I didn’t have these experiences. I try to keep my faith private and study on my own. So I haven’t had people trying to take advantage of me. But everything is confusing right now. I will try to have a more healthy Outlook on my faith.

It is probable that it was all in your head, but you also studied the religion, if you like it and it helps you then there is nothing wrong.

2 Likes

I had religious delusions about Jesus and heaven on earth the first three years of my psychosis,

Religion is in the past now for me and I don’t really have thoughts about it.
I like the idea of jesus but don’t believe in him.

But if I were to believe in god,
I think of a god that has many creations, creation being only one thing he does,
I also believe that once we live through his creation,
We reunite with him and live in all of gods knowing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.