So beginning to feel more at ease out of the house

I have gone across the road to the pub for a Coke three days in a row. I just signed up for a load of mobile data so I can just sit on my phone.

I think the regular punters are getting more used to me. I used to think that their standoffishness was because they didn’t approve of me being there because I’m not working.

But now I think it is more just the unease many folk who don’t understand mental illness have to people who are ill. I think they worry they don’t know how to talk to me.

In my book that is quite a natural reaction loads of folk have, especially in rural areas. I don’t hold it against them. In fact I kinda relish the challenge of getting them to get to know me.

Just knowing there isn’t a preconceived hatred of me for not working makes me feel better.

I enjoy spending time out of the house now.

10 Likes

hope it’s a little bit of fun too

the bars here in town play the news on t.v.

til 7 or 8 oclcock at night

who wants to sit there drinking beer watching the news
damn farmers

give me the music

2 Likes

We watch sports at bars here!

2 Likes

Is mostly sports here too. But I am mostly on my phone.

1 Like

sometimes it’s fun when Jeopardy comes on

Phil is good at that show, and we compete with other

2 Likes

Jeopardy is fun. We always try to shout out the answers first. My friend has the jeopardy video game we play that.

2 Likes

Even ESPN is all talk

yeah, over priced drinks, and bad entertainment.

unless skunks me in pool.

1 Like

It’s become very political. Which I don’t like because my dad complains because he’s conservative and espn tends to be liberal. Even though I’m liberal I don’t like seeing biased news stations. Either way.

1 Like

do they, I don’t even tune in

and I don’t have cable at home

2 Likes

Awesome possum! My hubby keeps telling me I should get out of the house more often too. I wish I had a pub across the street. Are you spending time with you pensioner friend or going by yourself?

1 Like

My dad is a deep conservative too

hates Liberals

he even unfriended on Facebook.

1 Like

Just been going across on my own mum. If my pal is there all the better. Just enjoying getting a break from the flat. I just increased my monthly data on my cell phone so I am happy to sit on my own on Instagram.

How are you today mum?

2 Likes

That’s so cool that you’e getting out. I’m doing pretty good, still trying to wake up over here in california it only 8am.

1 Like

What kinda temperature are you folks getting this time of year? Are you in the north of the state?

1 Like

Yes I’m in the far north, in the mountains, on a desert, it’s frosty the past few mornings. Feels like winter’s almost here already. We don’t have too much in the way of an autumn or spring here. It’s either too hot or too cold on the desert. I guess that’s just the way deserts are. I really want to move but I want my son to graduate first before I make any plans.

1 Like

I think I would like to live in Northern California. I totally get why you want to stay for now for your son.

Hey I was up till 4am last night! Am really tired now though

1 Like

why were you up so late? Just couldn’t sleep? I had that the night before last. I really boogered me up. I fell asleep before my tdoc appointment and then I was all sleepy and had bedhead for my appointment lol. She didn’t seem to mind.

1 Like

I just downloaded the latest software for my phone and tablet. Was playing with them. The time flew!

Contemplating a nap now but I think I will stay up and have an early night.

2 Likes

It will be better to stay up and have an early night so you’ll get yourself back on track faster. I try to do it that way if I possibly can to get the pattern back faster. But since my bipolar pendulum is swinging right now I’m just sleeping willy-nilly. I’m terrible.lol

1 Like

How do your swings manifest?

1 Like