So beginning to feel more at ease out of the house

What do you mean?

1 Like

I mean is it like hypomania or irritability etc. Sorry if I am being ignorant - I don’t know much about bipolar

Oh, I had a manic episode at the end of July. The symptoms were, not eating, not sleeping and I got a new credit card and charged it all up and the conversations in my head were all going in rapid loops. It came on slowly so I had no insight. When I was hospitalized I was genuinely surprised when they told me I was manic and mildly psychotic. I see it now though and seriously wonder about myself why I couldn’t see it while it was happening considering how classic the symptoms were, anyway that’s beside the point. So now I have the depression that is classic after the manic, but I can feel it starting to swing again. It’s not really my mood so much as my chemicals, if that makes any sense. It’s all about the sleeping right now. I feel if I can get that squared away I will be fine. In other words, my other symptoms seem to be under control, no spending, no drugs, no gambling, no etc. and my thoughts seem to be going in a straight line, in a logical order.

1 Like

Am glad things are levelling out now. Must be really weird getting manic. I mean in a lot of ways I reckon you would feel desperate but maybe at the same time you could feel really good. Must be very hard.

1 Like

It’s not hard being manic, it’s hard being told you’re manic. I would love to just stay manic, but your body can’t handle what your mind wants you to do. You can’t just go and go without any regard to what the body needs. And you can’t just spend and spend without regard to the budget.

Being manic it great, it’s just unrealistic that you can maintain it. You burn out quickly. I remember when I was young I would go months and months hypo-manic. I made good money and worked my ass off. And I played just as hard. But there was always a crash. The crash is awful, you just want to die. Luckily you’re just too depressed to kill yourself.

1 Like

I don’t think JimBob needs to hear this

sorry

just my personal opinion.

1 Like

Oh sorry, you’re probably right

1 Like

Sorry @Leaf you are totally fine. Don’t worry.

Thanks for your concern @Daze. I am on the mend now I think :hugs:

1 Like

Anyway I love you and I’m sorry I made it about me honey

1 Like

Love you too mum :heart:️

Hey Jim, it’s great getting out even if the weather is crap lol, I got out a bit today as well, nice one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.