Sleeping problems

I need advice. I only sleep 3 hours/night. I have a lot of medicine to take. I’ve had 10 mg Nitrazepam for 3 days. My pdoc said I can take 20 mg if needed. Should I take the second pill in the evening togeather with the first or at 2-3 AM when I wake up? I also have Zopiclone and Oxazemap to combine with if I can’t sleep.

I’d just be consistent when you take it…

Ask your doc what he thinks is best?

The body gets into a routine of the presence of new meds.

Three hours a night is very little, I sleep quite well 8-10 hours a night. I think that my psych meds help me to achieve this. I have never used any sleeping pills, except once when I was at the ER and they gave me some so that I was able to sleep. Ask your doc.

I had the problem with sleeping only 2 to 3 hours at a time. It was the abilify. I now take trazadone and sleep for 8 to 10 hours. The problem with sleeping 2 to 3 hours, is no matter how much you sleep, you never get enough.

I got an appointment in a week with my pdoc.

Maybe I’m getting manic? How is manic? I don’t have a quick mind with millions of ideas. I just can’t sleep. I’ve taken double dose Nitrazepam. I hope I sleep tonight. I’ve been up for 18 hours now.

You dont need grandiose ideas or fast thinking to enter the mania . but insomnia should be the warning sign
how does it feel? Like a bloody mix of serotonine,few shoots of coke,several pounds of chocolate, nice dose of anxiety and crazy horny drive trough all of it

My mind just keep spinning and I can’t relaxe.

Have u tried a small dose of sleeping pills?

Yes, small and big. Nitrazepam is a sleeping pill. I have 20 mg to take. Normal dose is 10 mg. It is also called Mogadon. I don’t know the name in English. I also have Zopiclone and Oxazepam. But I can’t take them all at once or I’d end up in ER.

Where are u from
from my experience pills were helping but not for longterm. Maybe try natural stuff;hot milk,hot tub,lavanda,chammomile, or else.

I’m in sweden.

I did dleep like a baby until two days ago. Bad sleep is an early sign for me that an episode is crawling back to me.

You’re not on this train alone Comatose. With an eclipse that occurred on the new moon this past Sabbath (3-20-15), and another eclipse falling on the full moon at Passover (April 4th), it looks like it’s going to be a long trip for me too. I’m sorry that I don’t have much advice to give; but I packed a pillow, a KJV Bible, and a bottle of wine or two for the ride.

That sounds like too little sleep. Some nights I don’t get much more, but I take a nap during the day if I can. I think everyone is supposed to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

My wife just woke up and said, “wouldn’t it be easier just to do the dishes?” Haha what was I thinking? Guess I’ll try that… :sleeping:

I’ve had insomnia all of my life. In the past couple of years, i got so exhausted by my autoimmune diseases that I was sleeping 10-11 hours a night. It was heaven. Now I’m back to sleeping maybe four hours and getting up three times in the middle. Pain is part of the problem…I think the other part is just the way I am. BAck in my 20’s I would get maybe an hour a week. (no exaggeration)…It was hell. And now I seem to be moving back in that direction. I hope not.
And no sleep medicine ever worked for me.

Thank you for your replies. Got atleas 6 hours tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like