Sleeping pills

i asked my pdoc for sleeping pills, and he gave me anti psychotics, i am pissed off

What?!?? Did they think another antipsychotic would make you sleepy?

i dont really know, but i am calling to the clinic tommrow to complain about it, im not happy one bit about it…i will post the name of the anti psychotic here in a minute

they gave me Chlorpromazine , and all i wanted was sleeping tablets

There’s nothing in the least bit funny about that. That’s a typical ap too. And I thought my psychiatrist was bad…

Have you tried a melatonin supplement. It is our bodies natural sleep regulating hormone that I take when I want to fall asleep faster along with the herbs Valerian root and Chamomile in the same pill.

2 Likes

Can you imagine what life was like before google and search engines. You’d be taking another antipsychotic now.

1 Like

id rather not sleep if so, i asked for zimovane not another strong anti psychotic that could do more worse than good!

Here in the UK some anti-psychotics are routinely used to aid sleep. As is amitriptyline.

Doctors are too scared they will get sued if you get addicted to benzo sleeping pills.

This can ■■■■ me off. I was doing great on klonopin until my new doctor withdrew it saying it was addictive. He gave me seroquel instead. They seem to think APs are safer/better than benzos. Obviously they have never taken APs.

I hear you. I would get a new doc, if I was denied klonopin. It doesn’t really help me sleep anymore but, does calm me down.

Seroquel makes me crazier then I already am. Hate taking that for sleep.

after I got on geodon, I had insomnia for a really long time. after trying a few sleeping pills, I found one that worked for me, it’s called Ativan. I take 0.5 mg before I go to sleep. Now that I’m quitting zeldox geodon, I’m also gonna try to quit ativan, I’m gonna suffer through it though. These meds are for anxiety, sleeping pills are the worst.