Shout out to the philanthropists

How many of you donate to charity! I like giving but because of stigma I like to usually be anonymous. What’s some of your favorite charities? Food Bank is one of mine. They really helped my family out for a while.

4 Likes

I used to donate to my local animal shelter but I stopped donating because they keep asking for me to donate big money.
They won’t leave me alone.

3 Likes

Ya once they found out who it came from. Here in Canada there is canada helps which you can anonymously donate through. They just have to be a registered charity.

I gave a bit to the humane society and animal related charities. But once they have their hooks in they don’t let go. I feel bad sometimes about not paying anymore. I usually give change or whatever when i see a collection thingy.

1 Like

I donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Make-A-Wish America, and Wounded Warrior Project.

3 Likes

The first and third of those I would like to give to sometime.

1 Like

I donated to the Ronald McDonald house. My family stayed there while my sister had open heart surgery. She was five at the time.

3 Likes

@AndrewJohn

Yeah, Ronald McDonald House is a very good charity.

I really like the emails I’m sent. Seeing the children’s faces going to Disney, a baseball game (they meet the baseball players), or whatever their wish is.

I had this with a mental health charity. I donated quite a large sum. Two days later they were on the phone pestering me to set up a rather large regular donation by direct debit.

I’m all for donating to charities-homeless,mental health research, food bank type charities amongst several others- but it has to be of my own free will. I hate the phone calls where they try and browbeat you into donating .

1 Like

I donate regularly to both my Church and to the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army helped my son out one time when he was homeless.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.