Should I take an IQ test?

It’s called WAIS-IV and is administered by a psychologist

2 Likes

I think you will score decent. Take it, you seem inteligent enough.

1 Like

Sure, if they’re offering it, why not? Is its a legitimate test? Maybe have your mom research it to see if it’s OK. The only problem is what if the results say you have a low IQ? Wouldn’t that upset you? I’m not saying you don’t seem intelligent, you may be very intelligent for all I know. I’m just saying can you handle the results, whatever they are, good or bad?

2 Likes

I took an IQ test (administered by a psychologist) at age 14-15 and got a score ”well above average”
It’s a professional IQ test

1 Like

Well, then take it.

2 Likes

They might compare the results to see your evolution.

1 Like

yeah
They said that they will do a psych evaluation

Any other thoughts?

IQ tests are used for diagnostics in determining intellectual disabilities, i.e. mental retardation. This is one example of why IQ test are administered in psychiatry.

They can also be used in educational environment to access students for gifted programs.

Nuero psychologist can use them in conjunction with a lot of other test to identify specific locations of brain legions and their impact on executive functioning.

So yeah, if you can find a good reason for taking it to help you in someway.

2 Likes

I have autism, its a Developmental disability

3 Likes

That’s an intellectual disability, its often used as a broader assessment but the IQ test is one component of the assessment.

1 Like

It’s not an intellectual disability, google it

2 Likes

I think it’s associated in some cases with intellectual disability.

But overall its a neurodevelopmental diasease

3 Likes

I will guess your iq to be between 117 - 121

You can let us know

1 Like

Why is your guess that

2 Likes

You are correct.

1 Like

For many reasons. But because you seem smart and i like to guess stuff.

1 Like

But doesn’t gifted iq mean 130+

1 Like

Some studies have defined gifted as 120 + too.

But Iq is not everything. There are more accurate tests for intelligence, similar to a battery of tests for example, verbal reasoning, mathematical rationament, proccesing speed, spatio-temportal reasoning, decision making, and much more similar tests.

Plus creativity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, openness to new, and much more other traits are important too… (for succes in life)

2 Likes

Coping skills, inductive skills, thinking in a certain subtle way, attention to details and more others are extremely important too

1 Like