Just a pondering.... I.Q

I’m not trying to poke the bee hive, I’m not trying to use I.Q. as the full measure of a person or their worth. I just thought this was interesting…

During last nights meeting of the J-preservation team I was poking through the big box of medical records my Mom has copies of and for a while, when I was in the hospital, I was listed with an I.Q. of 72. As I got better, my I.Q rose up to 110, and then dropped back down to 75 when I broke again. The it rose to 113 and then it dropped and then it rose… I guess I.Q. is flexible.

I haven’t taken an official I.Q. test in a while. Not since I’ve left the hospital. What ever the number on the page, I’m pretty happy with how I get through my day. So does it matter? Does the number on the page change what I had for breakfast? If I had an I.Q. of 140 or an I.Q. of 40, I’d still surf, garden, ponder the universe and most of all… enjoy the ride.

Hakuna Matata my friends.

17 Likes

To me you seem intelligent. I have also taken some of those tests in the past. Some have been in English and I do not know all English words. My math parts have always been very good, because no language is needed. Then there is this E.I.Q. emotional intelligence test and my score has been very high in these tests. Actually, I have picked up some news words from you writings which is great.

3 Likes

Recently I did a couple online and I’m around 100, so average. Ok by me :smile: It does fluctuate. If I was just out of high school then I would probably score higher however I don’t remember 3/4 of what I learned in school.

I do know someone who I have been told has one of the top 10 or so IQ’s in North America. Can talk physics, science and pretty much any other topic with the best of them. Seriously knows the dictionary off by heart. In and out of jail most of his life and can’t make a cup of coffee so it didn’t do him any good.

Hakuna Matata

1 Like

“It’s smart to take vitamin C, and it may make you even smarter.” That’s the advice from Jean Carper, author of Your Miracle Brain. She outlines studies showing that vitamin C supplements can improve IQ, memory and other mental functions, especially in people with low levels of vitamin C. This isn’t surprising considering vitamin C is involved in making neurotransmitters – chemicals that affect our mind and mood. -

http://extrahappiness.com/happiness/?p=4415

2 Likes

My IQ is quite high > top 5% but it is very uneven ie big gap between verbal(good) and non verbal/visual spatial which scrapes average at best.
I score quite low on EQ. Although intelligent i have definite areas of cognitive difficulty ie executive functioning/organising and planning.

1 Like

I think EQ is equally important as IQ and you seem to do quite well in both of those areas :smile:

3 Likes

I just took an online IQ test - 108 was my score. I guess I am an average Joe :smile:
Math questions are my downfall

2 Likes

I was quite good at arithmetic , passable at algebra and absolutely awful at geometry when i was at school.

2 Likes

When I was in fourth grade they had me tested for the mentally gifted program. I was a couple of points shy of 130 which was the cutoff, but the woman said I was probably a little nervous and they let me into the program. It was cool I got to make a pinhole camera out of cardboard. I liked it. I also went to a mentally gifted high school that was all girls. I don’t think I.Q. matters though. I’m 30 now and just getting my life together. Although I think it does give me an advantage in school. I comprehend material pretty quickly and haven’t read a textbook since starting with CTU and my GPA is a 3.96. It’s very research heavy assignments so I get by looking up the topics on the internet. :sunny:

2 Likes

I don’t know what my IQ is but on the aptitude tests I scored much higher on non-verbal tests (visual/art) than verbal. I was above average in both. My worst skill according to the tests is auditory memory.

2 Likes

Last time I took a test i was 123, but it doesnt mean everything. Psychosis and fatigue can make you lose tons of points. I took an online test once when I was exhausted from Krav Maga training and school when I was 17, made a 113, took it again the next day in study hall and made a 125.

But intelligence means nothing unless it’s used. I know that because one of my friends is a genius (135) and smoked weed, ■■■■■■ his life up and dropped out of school.

3 Likes

oh and my smartest friend took an online test stoned and made 120, then took it sober and made 150. He was 16 when he graduated high school and was in BC calculus at 15…

1 Like

i dont really bother with i’q tests lol i like to leave that to the professionals

i like personality tests better and its alot better than some stupid number

like a number is just that and it doesnt tell you anything except maybe how much power your batteries have got,

no i like an indepth analysis of someones personality (probably why i like looking at womens profiles online) or maybe thats just because i’m just desperate for a date haha.

take care x

1 Like

I was in gifted in Jr high and high school. I scored a 117 in high school. It seems like my life has been Flowers for Algernon in reverse.

2 Likes

That book made me cry.

3 Likes

I’ve taken IQ tests, and I scored a 136, and a 140. But I don’t have much to show for it. I’m living with my parents, on SSI, and going to school, in the hopes of eventually getting off SSI.

1 Like

Uh, How do you spell I.Q.? Lol.

2 Likes

Yes, does it have two periods? If not is there a space between the I and Q? I cant figure that out in my mind, but I can work it out on paper. Is paper allowed?

1 Like

Eye Cue…I thought everyone knew that? :smiley:

I’ve gotten from 111 to 135 with most in the lower 120s range.
I think it depends on the test and your mood, even the time of day, your energy levels - things like that.

1 Like

Periods are optional, and there would be no space between the I and the Q.

1 Like