Seriously considering the idea of one day being med free

you could lose EVERYTHING if you stop taking your meds completely…when you have the flu you take medicine for it to make the flu go away. You are schizophrenic and you need to take meds for it…it’s not fair and it’s not fun but you have to take meds dude. @Jimbob

1 Like

But I think staying on a med just because coming off it is hard is not a good enough reason to stay on a med. all meds carry risk inherently.

Yeah you make a good point jukebox. Am just tired of polypharmacy now. Think I will aim for depot mono therapy

1 Like

Im thinking about dropping my antipsychotics and keeping the rest i haven’t found one that works and suffer all tge side effects i think it mught be best for me going around about it with the dr whats the point in taking them if they dont work? for fun? blah

Whatever you decide to do, look up the withdrawal symptoms of stopping any medication, so you will know what to expect. Such as: “Geodon withdrawal symptoms.” I was on a very slow taper off Geodon, and the withdrawal symptoms were surprisingly intense and lasted far longer than I thought they would ever last. If I had not already known ahead of time what to expect, i would have spent a lot of time rushing to the emergency room, and there isn’t much they can do to control the withdrawal symptoms anyways. They just assume you’re psychotic again, and send you to the 4th floor of the hospital, the psych floor. Eventually they fade away.

1 Like

hey Jimbob, i’m doing it just now, going through withdrawals, no symptoms yet and i hope never, its a reduction.

1 Like