Schizophrenia.com

Senior Dogs

I have four dogs. Three of them are senior. My youngest will be a senior next month. This is about Pepper my smallest and oldest. He is about 16 years old and his time on this earth is almost over. He is not doing well. I will take him to the vet tomorrow. It maybe time to let him go. I’m not even sure he will live through the night.
My heart is breaking as I type this. Pepper was about one year old, when he came to live with me. He found cat food on the front porch and decided to stay.
I will face whatever comes. Pepper will not be the first are the last pet. That will come and give me great joy.

It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of there heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are. Anonymous

Peace be with you Ridgerunner

6 Likes

Im sorry to hear that. I myself have a two year old dog so it hardly crosses my mind that I will outlive him.

2 Likes

i am sorry that is happening it is a tough decision, my little staffy x is near to going, it is hard when you lose an animal that has been with you forever.
know that i care and i wish you and your dog the best.
take care

2 Likes

I’ve had my dog Jackson for 12 years. In the last few years, and most recently last week, he’s had a few health scares.

It makes me sad to think that he’s nearing the end of his life expectancy. Losing a dog, or should I say a family member, is very difficult and emotional. I’ve lost a few in my life.

I’m hoping that Pepper pulls out of this and enjoys more years with you and the other dogs.

I’m sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

I am sorry you have to go through this. I hope Pepper gets better. I’ll be sending hope and good thoughts your way.

1 Like

I call the vet this morning. Pepper has a appointment at 10:30. I will let y’all know what happen. When I get back.

From the country Ridgerunner

Good luck and fingers crossed for the best.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that Pepper is not doing too well. Our four-legged babies really do have a piece of our hearts. Hope things turn out ok for Pepper today. :pray:

2 Likes

I lost my golden at 6 to cancer. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I hope your dog is ok and you will get good news from your vet.

1 Like

My thoughts are with you, it’s not easy when a pet is suffering or it is near the end, I don’t know how I can help but just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you and hope that the coming days bring some peace for pepper and through that peace for you but if it is the end I’m sorry he knows he’s loved and has lived a good life remember that.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody your kind words do help. I had to have Pepper put to sleep today. He has been having small strokes. It came on fast he was at the vet just last week. I would had to force feed him and had maybe a week or less. I did what I had to do out of love.

Pepper was my hero dog. A few years back I learn the hard way that now I allergic to wasps. I called a friend and told her to get over here quick. I sat down on my front porch and past out. I came too and went into the house. When my friend got here Pepper unlike his past behavior ran up to my friend car bark at her and drop down on his back and wiggle around. Then jump up and bark at my friend and ran toward the house looking back. To see if my friend was following him. It was no small thing I almost died that day.
I will always remember the love and joy Pepper brought into my home when he came to stay.
RIP Pepper.

Sorry for you and the situation you found yourself in. I can well understand as I am somewhat in the same position with my two cats. I have had to deal with the guilt I feel about putting down two previous pets, one a cat and one a dog. Remember, as you do, how he loved you as you loved him.

2 Likes

sorry about your dog Ridgerunner thats a real shame :frowning:

always remember the good times x

1 Like

Pepper is in doggie heaven, i am so sorry for your loss.
take care

1 Like

I look for him were he likes to lay. I start to say his name and stop with just Pep. When I remember he is not going to answer.

Ridgerunner

1 Like

I am so sorry for what you are going through @Ridgerunner. I love dogs too and not long ago I had to put my last dog to sleep, he suffered with terminal cancer and was dying anyway - I did not want him to suffer anymore. I was heartbroken, I loved him dearly. Please remember that he is probably suffering and he will no longer be in pain - my thoughts are with you, in time you will heal , but I do know how you feel and it is very tough, but you will get through this

2 Likes

Don’t worry I will keep going on. I have had this pain before. It will not last and I will remember the good times we had.

6 Likes

Peace be with you…X

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that…especially you having him so long. I lost dogs in 2011, 12, and 13. Strangely last night I dreamed of the one who died in 2011

2 Likes

I was saddened to read this this morning,Ridgerunner.May God grant you peace of mind and quickly bring you a new doggie to take some of the love you have in your heart and give you so much more in return.

1 Like