I love my dogs

At the end of April 2014 I had to say good by to my dog Pepper.
At the end of March 2016 I had to say good by to my German Shepherd Rainy.
And now it is about the time to say good by to my dog Hey-U. He has a appointment with the Veterinarian this morning. Will I be bringing him home with medicine to make him feel more comfortable. Or will I be bringing his body home to bury next to Pepper and Rainy, on my property. In a spot that I call sassafras corner.
It breaks my heart to think about this. But I will do what is best for Hey-U

I also have two other dogs. Yosemite my Great Dane. He is getting old for a Great Dane, but still in pretty good shape for his age.
And Pretty Girl my youngest and smallest. She was dump at the campgrounds when she was pregnant. When the campers were all gone. She was still they with three puppies. I found homes for the puppies but she is here to stay. I made sure she would have no more puppies. There are to many unwanted dogs and cats in the world.

8 Likes

Dog’s are such a joy to be around, such wonderful companions. Keep us posted about Hey-U. Take care.

2 Likes

Sry to hear of your recent losses. I lost my best buddy ziggy in 2014 the best beagle bassett in the word. I still have my baby zeus, a 135lbs teddy bear of a mastiff that is currently laying his giant head on my stomach impairing my breathing, lol. Have added my fiances 3 dogs to the mix as well just after loosing ziggy, (miniature italian greyhound, apricot toy poodle, and yorkie) My dogs are my light in the darkness and my best friends in the world, they help me so much thru trying times. I also have a cat that was raised by ziggy and thinks shes a dog. My heart goes out to you during this time, its never easy. My fiance just lost her ferret, Tutter, last week (who also ran the house with the dogs and cat) and i was heartbroken for her and for you as well today. My condolences for your losses.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your losses @Ridgerunner, losing our best friends is always so tough. Keep us posted on Hey-U

1 Like

I’m sorry you have to say goodbye to Hey-U @Ridgerunner. And I am sorry for all of your losses. Dogs are wonderful companions and you have a lot of compassion rescuing them as you have.

I really like great danes but I think they would be too big for me to handle. You must be a very good dog handler.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies. Hey-U cancer had return with a vengeance. He was in pain from a large mass in his abdomen. Could it had been removed. I do not know. But it would had been major surgery and with his age the outcome didn’t look good.
So now he is laid to rest next to Rainy and Pepper. Too run free with them.

6 Likes

My sympathy for your loss, Ridgerunner.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Ridgerunner.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss @Ridgerunner

1 Like

I am truly sorry for your loss @Ridgerunner
I love dogs also - they are wonderful.

1 Like

I am so sorry, @Ridgerunner. You made a courageous and loving choice. My thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Ridgerunner keep us updated. I know how it feels to do the right thing for your animals. I was forced to get rid of several cats, dogs and lizards because my in laws felt “they would be better off”. it hurts but its different to be there at the end of an animal you love. I was the only one brave enough to be there when my cat angel got hurt and we had to put her to sleep since there was nothing they could do.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Ridgerunner. Our pets are our dearest companions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.