"Secret Messages?"

Often times when people talk, I feel like they are subtly talking about me. Do any of you go through this?

3 Likes

Yeah, standard Truman show stuff. Some kind of metaphysical thing going on there.

The people don’t consciously know they’re making references to your life / crazy narrative.

1 Like

I think this is an example of a delusion/idea of reference. I’ve had this for a while now. In my case, I think people, tv or random things are talking about me. It’s annoying but also a symptom of schizophrenia.

1 Like

i misread this as ‘secret massages’

1 Like
1 Like

I know some of my perceptions like this one you describe had a component that seemed real in the outside world. It’s an illusion. Like mentioned above, it seems “metaphysical.”
Here is one definition of metaphysical: transcending physical matter or the laws of nature.

I know the feeling bro. Happens to me once in a long while. Usually music helps me block it out.

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time when I’m talking to people. They will be telling a story and I think they are purposely putting hints so I know they are putting me down or trying metaphorically school me on some fault I have. And I wonder alot if this is a symptom (which is likely) or is that really happening and how do I protect myself if I dont what’s true or not about what they’re saying to me. I could leave the friendship but that would be a loss if it’s just all in my head. But if I stay are they just walking all over me and making fun of me? I do this daily…its very hard when reality is hard to find. Most the time I just give up trying to figure it out and just except that I could be wrong in my perception. It’s better than snapping at someone and making a enemy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.