Second day L Theanine free - thoughts

Hey all,

I know I don’t start too many threads of my own, but here’s one I wanted to post. I have been taking L Theanine daily for the past 8 months or so, usually 200 mg a day, but sometimes and most recently over the past 3 weeks, 400 mg a day.

Yesterday my boss wanted me to work basically a double, so I decided not to take any L Theanine. I went through withdrawal in the form of profuse sweating and a mild headache for the first part of the day, but afterward I noticed how much more energy I had and how… focused I was.

I ended up not taking any after work last night, and today I have not taken any. Apparently L Theanine has a super short half life, so I don’t know if it’s already out of my system or not, but I don’t seem to be suffering any withdrawal today.

On the plus side, last night laying down the voices were a lot quieter than usual, and everything just seemed more… focused. I also only slept for about 8 hours instead of my usual 10, and usually I lay down for 10-20 minutes in the early afternoon, but I have no desire to do so.

I’m going to monitor myself to see if the symptoms start spiking again, but I’m thinking now that I’m on Invega, I no longer need the L Theanine, and I think it was sedating me too much and causing crabbiness and inability to focus and motivate myself.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
-TG

2 Likes

L-Theanine is working well for me.

It helps with anxiety.

1 Like

L-theanine helps me with sleep, any other benefit I don’t know since I’m asleep lmao

1 Like

Ended up having a bunch of anxiety attacks at work cause we were busy for the lead up to Father’s Day. Also came home and had an anxiety attack because when I get anxious I start thinking my neighbors are mad at me.

Ended up taking just the regular 200mg (Single pill) tonight. Will be taking just the single pill going forward. It was worth a try, but it really seems to help me. Been an hour since I took it and I’m back to feeling normal.

Just as a note to anyone thinking about using L Theanine - 400mg might be too much. It makes me unfocused and very ornery. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

When do you take it

1 Like

morning and noon. 450 mg

1 Like

Thank You, I wish you well

1 Like

Not taking the second Theanine I am happier and feeling healthier, but having way more symptoms, which could also be from the 6mg invega now plateauing in my bloodstream.

I contacted my pdoc and am probably going to go on 9mg generic invega (paliperidone) a day. The 6mg I feel really good on physically, but mentally I’m starting to decompensate again.

Looks like doubling the theanine hid that a little bit, but I don’t want to take the double dosage and be mean to people… So 9mg here I come!