Schizophrenics are not dangerous people

I think most of the stigma comes from flat affect, and lack of social cognition. Flat affect makes us look creepy/ like psychopaths

That mustā€™ve been awful, sorry you had to go through that. My voices were all over the map, they said all kinds of things, but two things they never told me to do was harm myself or others. Not that I would listen, I usually argued with my voices (in my head) and did the opposite of what they told me to spite them.

1 Like

I donā€™t know about yā€™all but psychosis put me in a tricky spot.
Yes, I was a danger towards others and myself to an extent.

The truth is that many people with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders like bipolar become dangerous when full blown psychotic.

I knew a homeless schizophrenic guy who was very unpredictable and had violent tendencies. I had to stop talking to him because i was afraid for my own safety. I dont think it was the schizophrenia that made him violent, though. I think it was just the overwhelming stress of his life. Itā€™s really unfortunate because i think he was actually a good person who was just in a bad place. We had a real connection and both confessed that we were attracted to each other, then we hugged and parted ways.

I do sometimes but i dont listen to those ones

[ sprints out from under couch and bites @anon39015889 on the ankle ]

[ spends next five minutes spitting out Vegemite under the couch ]

Darn Aussies.

Rawr.

1 Like

I hate to break this to you @shutterbug but @anon39015889 is from South Africa

1 Like

???

He been hanging around with @rogueone?

Could be a contact injury!

Something tasted wrong.

1 Like

lol thatā€™s funny :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t dangerous but my brother is, he assaulted my stepdad and put a hole in the wall just a few days ago. He yelled hideous insults at me just yesterday and Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m not going to be in the same house with him. Heā€™s hit me before, back before we were sick, and this disease just seems to amplify that.

I know what the web says about stigma but some people are violent, sz or no.

Lots of violent people without sz too. I was abused by my teacher. She was extremely abusive and angry. Later, parents sought to fire her from her position because she was abusing other kids. They asked me to testify but I declined. What she did to me I will never forget.

I sometimes wonder if I shouldā€™ve testified against her.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.