Schizophrenic Skits

I would say to contact the chair of the department. You can do so without discussing your own diagnoses but stating that you have family members or friends with MI and this type of representation is completely offensive and degrading to a very serious disorder.

2 Likes

yeah it might stop a future schizophrenic from being ridiculed you could even make a formal complaint?

They stereotyped it as a worse case scenario. While it’s certainly possible people might be spying at times, the Russians are unlikely culprits unless someone IS really important. Saying he was organizing agents to counter them really goes out there!
The saddest part is the other students laughed at the PSZ guy. :frowning: I’m sure you were not laughing.

That’s right. I wasn’t laughing at all. It made me sad that the teacher set this up where the students would laugh at the “schizophrenics.” If she had done something truly educational, the students wouldn’t have been lauging at them. And this teacher has a Ph.D. in psychololgy. They let people graduate being so ignorant.

1 Like

So that makes me wonder - do psychologists go home and laugh at what their patients say later? I had one guy who would laugh right there, and say things to try to distract me because he said I ran circles around him and my mind could work 3 or 4 different complex subjects at once.
I sort of played along and said something about the possibility he had a camera behind the wall watching the sessions because there was a large nail hole in the wall. The next time I came in he had put tape over the hole. I asked him about it and he said he didn’t want the cameras watching. (I was joking about the cameras anyways, and he played into it) He also told me about some of his former patients and laugh about what their delusions were…he didn’t mention any names, but I think that was still wrong to do.

Are you planning on speaking to anyone at the college about this? Just keep in mind it could backfire and stigmatize you depending how they take it, so please keep that in mind.