Schizophrenia.com

Professor might have a schizophrenic talk to our class

My psychology professor has a friend who has schizophrenia and he might come talk to our class. I’m really not sure how I feel about this but I just kind of laughed to myself about it.

Hope he has the strength an will.

apparently he is really well recovered

Should be interesting.

Are you deep cover?

like undercover?

I would enjoy listening to what someone else has to say about Schizophrenia. They might have some helpful tips or tricks that gets them by each day that i could use myself. No one person’s life experience is the same as anothers, so it is great to hear from another person’s perspective.

im assuming you @air123321 have sz

yes i do 15151515

Yeah, basically

I think this person is very brave to talk to a bunch of strangers about something like this. I would never do something like that.

I would agree with @jassy22, it takes a lot of bravery. If he does go to your class please start a new thread letting us know how it went. It 's nice hearing a recovery story.

yeah i’m really private about my illness

Hi guys,

I just wrote a blog post regarding my disclosure to my managers of schizophrenia. They have been nothing but supportive. I am contemplating disclosing my full name and my linkedin on here. I truly want nothing but the best for everyone. If my example can help reduce stigma and discrimination then I will gladly do it.

I don’t think that’s a good idea and it’s against forum rules but it still happens occasionally.

Some people use their real names on here and I have seen some post their Facebook before.

Well, I posted the article on my linkedin. So I hope it gets shared across the world to help lower stigma and discrimination against us.

I would love to hear someone else talk about it in person. It would make me feel less alone. Hope it’s okay!