Schizophrenia in Children: What to Know

3 Likes

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at 19,

But was in therapy for OCD when I was 12.

I’ve had symptoms as far back as I can remember.

Interesting.

2 Likes

I had psychosis since I was 14 but showed depressive symptoms when I was 13.

1 Like

My hallucinations started at 14.

1 Like

Interesting. I could understand the difficulties in trying to even beginning a diagnosis on a child.

I know I showed warning signs for a few years before my first major break. Prodromal for a few of the teens.

Good find dude! Interesting. Thank you!

1 Like

I think I’ve had delusions since age 11

1 Like

This theory pans out for me. Which is why I’ve always said my root problem is PTSD.

I began hallucinating at age 6. I’m not sure when delusions began, but it was during childhood (or, they are true and I’ve known since childhood). But, this all began after I was in a box for a year…something that makes me feel very small. So, I developed abilities and beliefs to make me feel important and “big”.

My child’s psychotic break was at age 9. They were diagnosed with schizophrenia at 14.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Thus Quote Fascinates Me.

What Abilities?.

And

How Did You Develop Them?.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :smile:

I could control my hallucinations until around 16. It felt really powerful.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

In A Metaphorical, Symbolical, Hypothetical Way?.

Like Saying The Glass Is Half Full, Rather Than Saying That It’s Half Empty?.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :smile:

No, I could change the size, rotate, move them.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Like A Video Game, Kinda It Seems, Your Description Says To Me.

Perhaps Entertaining?.

I remember having a paranoid, psychotic episode as far back as age 6.

I think my first hallucination (complex) was when I was ~11. I’ve had five other complex hallucinations prior to hearing voices. It was only in my last/current psychosis I could move things at will like you describe. It does feel very powerful.

1 Like

I’ve had some symptoms all my life. They became noticeable and more severe at 9 due to stress caused by major life changes.

1 Like