Schizophrenia, A Spiritual Condition

i don’t disagree that there r some things that we yet have to explain but i don’t think that that applies to me in this instance. i am not telepathic, though my voices would have me believe that i am and i don’t think that anyone is to the point of telephone clarity otherwise james randi’s million dollar prize would have been claimed by now. do i believe in time travel? yup, out of body experiences? yup. ghosts? yup but i do not equate these things with ur average schizophrenic for whom the medication, however debilitating, works. for me it hasn’t worked but i don’t suddenly apply my “symptoms” to something mystical or supernatural. it just means that for me there isn’t a med i have tried that works yet. i have no problem with other people’s beliefs, it’s just not for me is all. xxx

i think schiz is a bit of every thing, like a cocktail of ingredients, spirituality, included, there is a method for each person

1 Like

interesting stuff to think about, i also think i can subconsciously seance the future it happens to me all the time…

I think the schizo thing is tricking society and the government. I don’t think it wants to be discovered for whatever its doing

i think everybody has the potential to have a spiritual condition,

in my opinion the spiritual condition is not one of someone who hears things or see’s things that they shouldn’t it is more of a greater understanding of life and love and God and happiness,

my spiritual condition is not my illness it is my faith, my faith in a creator that sent a son to us to help us and guide us, i do not discount God or Jesus on the basis of o few things that could be considered wrong but i embrace the millions of truths that are hidden within the script of what is written.

i feel sorry for people who do not share my spiritual condition (which happens to be almost everyone) its just that it makes me feel so much better knowing that someone loves me and died for me, we sinned and he died, because of the sins of men we suffer and when he suffered we suffered and he suffered for us and because of us so we may see what god can do. then he was raised from the dead.

i’m not trying to convert anyone, i just love sharing what i know about god, i dont know much tbh but the little i do know amazes me.(i think it is something that you need to be stable enough to experience)

maybe if you would stop sinning you wouldn’t need saviors to suffer for you.
but i like it - i’ll suffer, i’ll be your substitute saint.
paste any sins here, and i will proceed to atone for them for you.
nice you have that understanding that lets others do the magic for you,
yeah, that sure is a condition.
hope you get over it eventually

my dad was a roman catholic jesuit priest.
when you ask him why,
his answer is - cause the grave was empty.
dude, that’s common technology,
lots of people ascend to heaven
who told the westerners only jesus does it?

for instance, what about this group of 238 guys who all ascended to heaven, from china?

it’s a little parochial town over here in america,
it’s weird, they say they have the internet,
and they say the amazon site is up,
but they contnue to hold only the
old timey ideation from the days of the hebrews…

i love the concept, yet you havent convinced me

yet how do you know for sure our god is love and unity.
just look at the basics of creation:

1. the food chain, it isnt nothing more than hurt and pain
  2. evolution, the weakest link gets discarded, not in nice way
  3. the planets arround us, it is as dry/dead as it gets
  4. galaxies eat each other up, with all consequences

i sense sarcasm in this one :chart_with_downwards_trend: lol

i live with a devout muslim, a devoiut christian, i’m a daoist,
and my musician roomate is agnostic he says,
when you ask him he really says basically,
nobody could possilby know about the divine,
so i don’t listen to any pronouncements on it,
but if you question him further, residue of catholic background
makes him the most superstitious one in the house,
only one who is so sure about this divine reality out there that no one could know.
while the rest of us are investigating carefully.

so he sees me being religious, lighting incense and making altars to heaven,
so he one day declared something like the alias post above:
he said my problem with gods or your heaven, is that it is cruel,
look at the suffering, the disease, the politics, etc, etc, why
doesn’t this great god come save us from our hell, if it’s so great.

so i went to heaven with his complaint,
see what heaven has to say for itself.
heaven said you guys don’t do anything for me why should i do anything for you?
i do alot more for you than you deserve or you know.
\if you get washed away in the waves of the universe,
that’s cause you screwed up,
thought somehow you were the god,
thought you knew everythign and could order it all,
keep the light on at night, live in doors,
reproduce wildly, have your little comforts and entertainments,
no other creature on earth can stop you
so why let your god try to stop you?
heaven also points out,
if you want help it is available,
you don’t have to suffer or feel joy,
you can rise up out of that,
not on your own, you need to be humble and ask for help,
so i do, i work with the universe.

not worried about planets that are “dead”
and not so sure that this planet being “alive”
is some higher value.

well you speak about an higher value.
i take it as higher consciousness

higher consciousness means more aware, so the heavens could think for themselfs,
and think those primitive humans need some guidance

and yes, we as an race need guidance

everything has a beginning and an end in my opinion, except God

God was there before and he will be there after

he started everything and so he will finish it as well

but knowing that he will be there to welcome us into his kingdom makes me feel that death is just another step in the evolution of man, but in order to evolve we first need to believe and if we do not believe it is meaningless. it is probably a fact that most of us wont get into heaven, in order to get into heaven we need to treat our God as a friend, he may not be there in sight but he is there in spirit and we need to believe that, if we believe that we will feel his love within us and it will show ‘so there is still hope’

science is based on fact and religion is more informal but i believe that informality is better, an informal structure of conversation, you cant really get a conversation from science, science is not real life it is just facts, facts that can be proved through study, christianity is rel life situations and sometimes there are no answers, science cannot explain or prove there is an afterlife but it cannot prove there isnt either, same with God and a number of other things, are there any such things as miracles in science or is it just another discovery? sorry i will stop, i just want to say that i am not trying to convert anyone, i just want to put across my point of view. thx :smiley:

sorry what is your definition on heaven?

my view could be different than yours, even the creators view could
be different than ours.

would it be heaven if i know some poor soul “could be even a relative”
didnt make it into heaven and was cast out. maybe i have forgiven but god may not. thats a sour idea.

do i have choice does god ask me if i would join heaven?,
just i as i have had the choice of being alive…

for all i can say… oblivion or getting discarded sounds also nice too me
and how would i know, i am no more.

offcourse this sounds all a bit negative, yet i am depressed.
and allthough it seems a bit better these 2 days, its just accumulation
of feelings and idea`s over the years.

basically heaven to me is something you have to earn,

idk if i will make it into heaven, i hope i will, but if i am allowed into heaven i think it will be bliss and i think if i keep doing what i am doing just now i will get in and it will help me with the transition as well and i will not be scared when it is time.

i heard a story once about how we all have a light within us and that it sshines brightest at certain times, this light travels from our body and does not stop, does not decay, it goes out in every direction and it goes on and on and lasts forever, our eternal light, it could be our soul or our spirit and it is eternal, whether it goes to heaven or not i dont know maybe heaven is the consciousness of everything with God as the body.but this light is a record of our lives and maybe as we live it is written in the book of judgement and our merits are our saving grace x

well i hope you get in heaven.

for me i hope there is ultimatte nothing,
i dont think i have the energy for more of this charade.

i wish i could believe like u do dreamer. it would make my life much simpler. i would know that the people who abused me would not get into heaven but suffer in hell. that would please me no end. my only comfort is that if there is a god, he seems to be expressing his judgement in the here and now. not to all of them but some of them. i hope he gets them all in the end. those who do not suffer in this life, i hope he makes suffer in the afterlife. afterall, if they truly repented they would b helping me now to make up for what they’d done in the past and have continued to do. i hope there is a god dreamer. i really do. xxx

1 Like

i was using the terms “heaven” and “earth” as used in daoism.
there’s the stuff below, earth, and there’s the stuff above, heaven.
heaven is right there, look up, it was the sun, now it’s the half moon.
rigght there, call it down, like a bird to a picnic.
let the wonder cascade down from “heaven”, that realm of the “upturned phosphors”,
as the daoists called it, where all that other stuff is,
so much more - stars, galaxies, black holes, gamma ray bursts, and the brightest objects of all the HLIRGs
(hyper luminous infra red galaxies)

well, they are all right there, looking right at you,
going over you again and again in waves,
around and around you,
circling you,
laying down plangent waves of blessing on you,
holding you in,
making you what you are.

bird the picnic, pancake the wonder -

call heaven down like a bird to a picnic,
and collect all the cascading wonder in a giant pancake,
put some syrup on it and have it for breakfast in the morning.

I am torn between religion’s view of sz and psychiatry’s view. When I was fourteen a pastor of a Christian church tried to exorcise the demons out of me. Later in life I was told I was a prophet because I could translate what was being said when people spoke in “tongues.” I believed in angels and demons and felt the presence of Satan with me all the time. I was constantly having to cast him out in the name of Jesus. Then, even later, I was told that my belief in those things made me sz. Why are not all of the people I worshipped with sz? Some were more fanatic than I was. What made the difference. Now I am even afraid to believe in G-d. What if He/She is a delusion?

Much to ponder. I appreciate your post. Most informative.

science and religion
not so hard to reconcile

God does curse people here and now. “He lets out his wrath every day” And people will suffer in the afterlife if they don’t turn to God. “You hope there is a God”. There really is! All you have to do is ask him into your heart.