Say Anything C is for Cat

I don’t think it’s very political to mention how I feel about the U.S. I think it truly is the closest thing to the land of the free there is in the world. Maybe we take things for granted sometimes.

Well, I’ve heard good things about Canada and places in Europe too but I think one admirable thing about the U.S. is the diversity.

I mean where else can a Mexican with an English brother-in-law go to a Thai restaurant ran by Cambodians.

3 Likes

I feel a little more talkative today than usual. I think it is because despite my social anxiety I had a pretty good Thanksgiving day. My cousin’s daughter who I get along with pretty well mentioned she’s going to marry her girlfriend. We congratulated them. The gals played Twister, I couldn’t be bothered because I’d probably end up sitting on one of them and possibly suffocating them. I did play Jenga with them afterwards and then we played Loteria which is basically Mexican Bingo.

4 Likes

Man, I just downloaded Halo Infinite to find out there was a limited time bonus if you logged in Nov 15-22. I wish I had known.

This new trend of not only battering customers with pre order dlc but also day one dlc is really stressful, I’m constantly worried about missing something on this game or that. I remember when a game cost 50 bucks and you got a cartridge with everything in the game. Heck I remember before battle passes and lootboxes, when Black Ops 2 let you unlock pretty much everything through gameplay. I miss those days. Gaming companies would rather gets lots of money from a small subset of rich gamers than some money from all of us.

2 Likes

It’s Icelandic so I’m not 100% sure. Icelandic is pretty different and much more like Norse. Their names are also pretty different. I used a pronounciation guide to help me but it could still be a bit wrong.

The u in Mun is like the o sound is sew, row, low, etc, but only the last part when your mouth is less open. It can be a difficult sound for English speakers to get right. The vowel in knörr is much like the u in sun, but a bit less like a u and more like an a. Can also be difficult for English speakers. The rr is like a normal r except sharper. Even I probably can’t pronounce it properly. Munknörr is obviously not an icelandic name. I don’t know what it means. I’m guessing “mun” is the stressed part of the word.

& is “og”. O is like the vowel in saw, but not as long. G is like a g in hag, bag, etc. They say this g differently, with more air.

The sig in sigur is lik cig in cigarette. Same thing with the g. The u here is like the o in lose, but slightly shorter. The r is the sharp r again. Bo in boði is like ba in ball but again a bit shorter, ð is like th in thing, and i is like the ee in see.

The g in grétar is like a regular g (bag, etc). This time without any extra airy sound to it. R is the sharp r. É is pretty much like “yeah”, more specifically like the ye in yes. Tar is like tar (the word), but with the icelandic sharp r. The vowel in sson (the first s is just the possessive s of his father’s name but they are pronounced like a regular s) is again like saw, but shorter.

The first syllable is probably stressed in each name/word.

If you listen to some Icelandic you might get an idea of how it would sound. But Icelandic is difficult.

Edit: if “munknörr” is two words, mun+knörr, the u would be like in sigur instead. But Norse is a dead language so it’s probably not very important.

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried to look on YouTube for pronunciation things and just got more confused. :joy: Definitely didn’t help that Blake told me he was pretty sure they were fromThe Netherlands, so those languages were the only ones I was looking at. 🤦

3 Likes

It’s definitely Icelandic! I googled Munknörr and that is apparently a Norse word, so probably pronounced pretty much how I explained even though it might not be Icelandic.

They’re two different bands/artists.

2 Likes

I didn’t smoke for more then 17 hours

2 Likes

smoking gave me something to do, to look for.

looking for someone to make my decisions for me :joy:

1 Like

I found a remote customer service job that’s only 10-15 hours a week and pays $17/hr. It’s just help desk for an app, so just writing emails and stuff. It’ll probably be filled before I would be available to even think about it, but it’s kind of nice to dream.

2 Likes

I love telling people what to do! What do you need?

2 Likes

It’s 4:30am and I’m still not tired. I wonder if that pheochromocytoma thing that my doctor suspects affects insomnia? :thinking: Hm, I should look that up. Hopefully I get the results of that test tomorrow. I really don’t want to have to wait all weekend.

Anyways, my mother-in-law is dragging me shopping with her and she’s going to pick me up at 6am. So I guess I’m just not sleeping at all tonight. :sob:

1 Like

i have important decisions to make regarding work.

1 Like

In a nutshell I should choose between
Making good money
Or making less money
Between confort or non confort zone

1 Like

By being outside your comfort zone, would you be miserable long term? Or do you think you could adjust eventually?

1 Like

Maybe for a week.
I adjust to most things

I think more money would be worth it for life comforts over less money for the sake of a shitty week or two.

True.

The only thing keeping me down or raising me up can only be myself

1 Like

You know, fear and happiness played a big part in the role of memory evolution.

1 Like

Thank you brother! I consider you a friend too. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed a little early last night.

2 Likes