Sarcosine Causes Cancer?

Hey everyone. I’ve heard about this supplement called sarcosine. Apparently, sarcosine could increase by motivation for 25-40 percent. That’s A LOT to me. I struggle with negatives particularly lack of motivation…

However, I’ve heard sarcosine causes cancer? Is this true? I am DEATHLY afraid of cancer…what are your thoughts?

What are your resources?

How did you hear that?

A lot of people here take sarcosine and have positive experiences,

And I’ve never heard anyone mention these kinds of risks.

Is it possible that your fear has made you paranoid?

I’ll do some googling…

2 Likes

“Sarcosine was identified as a differential metabolite that was greatly increased during prostate cancer progression to metastasis and could be detected in urine. Sarcosine levels seemed to control the invasiveness of the cancer. However, this conclusion has been disputed.”

Found this on the Wikipedia page.

2 Likes

I can’t remember where i heard that. So you’ve never heard of sarcosine causing cancer? Or having something to do with increasing your chances of cancer?

I’ve read that before…how reliable and accurate is Wikipedia though? Thanks for looking this up

I’ve never heard of sarcosine causing cancer.

I guess its possible, in the sense that pretty much everything causes cancer,

But I don’t think it puts you at any increased risk.

I don’t use it because there’s a tenuous link to cancer.

Prostate cancer marker Edit
In a paper published in the journal Nature in 2009, sarcosine was reported to activate prostate cancer cells and to indicate the malignancy of prostate cancer cells when measured in urine.[8] Sarcosine was identified as a differential metabolite that was greatly increased during prostate cancer progression to metastasis and could be detected in urine.[9] Sarcosine levels seemed to control the invasiveness of the cancer.[8]

However, this conclusion has been disputed. A German research team reported a different result in 2010.[10] After measuring sarcosine levels in urine samples from prostate cancer patients, they concluded that measuring sarcosine in urine fails as a marker in prostate cancer detection and identification of aggressive tumors. In addition, another report concluded that serum sarcosine is not a marker for prostate cancer.[11] A review of the literature reached a similar conclusion.[12]

3 Likes

Good information, @everhopeful!

1 Like

So there is a link to cancer, but a weak/slight link? I’m so confused…

There’s conflicting research. One thing says that elevated Sarcosine is a sign of prostrate cancer. Another thing says that’s not true.

5 Likes

Ahhh :frowning: okay. Thanks.

1 Like

My father has had prostate problems though not cancer. I have several genotypes that put me at increased risk. The main reason why, given the available info, I won’t try sarcosine.

1 Like

Yeah makes sense

another thing for me to worry about

Well damn. Guess that’s enough sarcosine for me.

More for me then. YAY!

There’s studies of so many things saying they causes cancer. I’m sure everything contributes to some miniscule degree.

Like a big Mac . Oh how I love McDonald’s burgers :blush:

2 Likes

See if you can get CBD. More pure the better.

1 Like

it’s legal in Oregon and it does help me

1 Like

What in the world is CBD?